It’s the classic college dilemma: you have a ton of work and are going to be up late, but are in need of a quick study break and something sweet, but semi-healthy (saving drunchies for this weekend). You don’t have the time to seriously procrastibake and make an awesomely extravagant dessert. As a matter of fact, you barely have anything left in your pantry anyways. The answer: four ingredient dark chocolate bark. Though there are many possible add-ins for DIY bark, my favorite combination is pistachios and raisins with a pinch of sea salt. Simple, satisfying and semi-healthy, this sweet treat takes just the right amount of time for a study break.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
8 ounces 60% dark chocolate
1/4 cup of pistachios, shelled
1 handful of raisins
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Assemble ingredients and place 1 sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Tip: spray the baking sheet with cooking spray and then place the parchment paper down for easier removal.
2. Microwave the dark chocolate chips on high for about 1 minute and 30 seconds or until melted, stirring occasionally.
3. Pour the melted dark chocolate on the parchment paper. Smooth out with a spoon.
4. Add the pistachio and raisins to the top of the melted chocolate and sprinkle with salt. Tip: be sure to add the toppings before the dark chocolate hardens – so do it quickly.
5. Allow the bark to set for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Break into pieces and get back to the books. Yes. It’s that simple.