Chocolate cookies are a simple, delicious classic, and if you’re like me, you have the recipe memorized to a tee. But sometimes it’s fun to switch it up by just altering a few ingredients. Oatmeal chocolate chip? Chewy, chocolaty, mouth watering. Cranberry oatmeal? It surpasses any cookie expectations you may have. Dried cranberries are more versatile than you might think and are the perfect fruity addition to your everyday oatmeal cookie.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 36 cookies
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, wheat germ, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt
3. In another bowl, mix butter and sugars with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
4. Mix eggs and vanilla into wet mixture.
5. Add oats mixture and mix until combined. Add dried cranberries.
6. Space 1 ½ inch diameter dough balls two inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Slightly flatten them. 7. Bake for 13 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.