For all you berry lovers out there, this cranberry bread recipe is one you're going to want to take a bite into. I have to admit, I never thought that I would put any type of berries, let alone cranberries, in my bread and actually enjoy it. But ever since I was introduced to this cranberry bread recipe when I was in second grade, oh man was I hooked. I mean, my mother did keep this recipe after all this time so that has to mean something, right? 

I know a lot of us have been trying to cut down on carbs, but with the holidays just around the corner it's the perfect excuse to break out all your baking essentials to make this mouthwatering cranberry bread. You don't even have to eat all of it (even though you're totally going to want to). You can bring it to all of the wonderful holiday parties you've been invited to. It's definitely a crowd pleaser. 

Cranberry Bread

• Cook Time:1 hr
  • Total Time:1 hr 10 mins

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup margarine or any butter your choice
  • 1 egg beaten
  • 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
  • 3/4 cup orange juice
  • 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
sweet, chocolate, candy
Jessica Ciccarella

Gather all ingredients and preheat the oven to 350°F.

Jessica Ciccarella

Sift flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and powder into a large bowl. Cut up the butter.

sweet, butter, cake, dairy product, cream, milk, dough, flour
    Jessica Ciccarella

Mush the butter into the large bowl until mixture is crumbly.

pork, steak, beef, brisket
    Jessica Ciccarella

Add the beaten egg, orange peel, and orange juice all at once into the mixture.

sweet, ice, juice, tea
    Jessica Ciccarella

Stir until mixture is even. Fold in the fresh or frozen cranberries.

tea, sweet, chocolate, coffee
    Jessica Ciccarella

Pour mixture into a 9 x 5 x 3-inch greased pan and put it in the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes.

meat, dairy product, vegetable
    Jessica Ciccarella

Remove the bread from the oven and voila. Enjoy this tasty, gorgeous cranberry bread.

cranberry, chocolate, bread
    Jessica Ciccarella

If you enjoy berries in your bread, try some bread recipes that calls for other fruits, like bananas