Made up of King’s Hawaiian Rolls and ham n’ cheese, these sandwiches are pretty much one of the basic food groups at every tailgating event. Gooey and savory, these babies will make even the manliest football fan weep tears of happiness. Even though they’re called Hawaiian, don’t expect any hula girls to be pigging out on these southern classics.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Servings: 12 sandwiches
2 packages of King’s Hawaiian rolls
6 slices of swiss cheese
6 slices of mozzarella
12 slices of honey ham
1 stick of butter
1 tablespoon onion flakes
1 tablespoon mustard
1 teaspoon poppy seed
1 teaspoon Worcester sauce
1. Preheat oven to 300˚F.
2. Remove rolls from packaging and split them in half.
3. Place rolls into baking pan.
4. With the tops of the rolls off, lay out the layer of ham.
5. Add your layer of cheese, making one half swiss and the other mozzarella.
TIP: We decided to use two different kinds of cheese, feel free to use your favorites too; just make sure you have a total of 12 slices.
6. Put the pan into the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese has browned.
7. While you wait, place the stick of butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 10 second increments until liquified.
8. Mix in Worcester sauce, onion flakes, mustard, and poppy seed.
9. Once the cheese has browned, remove pan from the oven.
10. Place the tops of the rolls onto the partially finished sandwiches.
11. Pour your sauce over top, be sure to cover evenly.
12.Allow the sandwiches to sit out for 30 minutes to allow the sauce to absorb.
13. Put sandwiches back in the oven and finish baking for another 20 minutes.
14.Take them out of the oven and serve hot or cold.
TIP: so we obviously had a few burnt a few as you can see (we were busy watching the new season of Dexter on Netflix–sue us!) we suggest you watch the sandwiches more carefully while they bake and take them out when they are a nice golden color.