It’s finally Easter morning and you wake up to find baskets filled with boxes of sweets and chocolate covered eggs. By the time the next morning comes, you come to the unthinkable realization that you actually have an overwhelming amount of candy left over (not that this is a problem) and nothing to do with it.

March 22 (4)

Photo By Grace Stauffer

Don’t let it get stale in on a shelf. Use your left over candy to make these one-ingredient chocolate nests for your Peeps. Not only do they act as a container for all of your candy, but they also look adorable. And hey, who says you’re too old to play with your food?

Easy

Total time: 20 minutes

What you’ll need:

Balloons
Wax paper
Any chocolate that you want
1-2 tablespoons butter (melted)

Instructions:

1. Unwrap all of your chocolate and put it into a bowl.

March 22 (9)

Photo By Grace Stauffer

2. Microwave the chocolate until it is a thick, but liquid consistency that is free of lumps. After blowing up a few balloons, spread melted butter on the bottoms, (so the chocolate does not stick) then dip them into the chocolate so that that bottom is coated. (The melted butter in the chocolate helps to reduce sticking).

March 22 (18)

Photo By Grace Stauffer

3. Place the balloons on wax paper and wait about 15 minutes for the chocolate to harden. (To speed up the process, put them in the refrigerator). Once the chocolate is hard, slowly deflate the balloon and remove it from the shell.

March 22 (24)

4. Fill up the bowls with jelly beans and Peeps and enjoy!

March 22 (30)

Need more ideas about how to reuse your candy? Check these out: