Cheesecake is probably my favorite dessert to both eat and make. This cheesecake, made with a Dunkin Donuts' Special Edition Chocolate Mocha Pop Tart crust, is hands down the best one I've ever made.  Get ready to make some friends, blow some minds, and eat a ton of chocolate. 

Chocolate Mocha Cheesecake with a Pop Tart Crust

• Prep Time:30 secs
  • Cook Time:1 hr 10 mins
  • Total Time:1 hr 10 mins 30 secs

• 1 box Dunkin Donuts Chocolate Mocha Pop Tarts
  • 1/2 stick unsalted butter
  • 24 oz cream cheese
  • 2 10 oz bags dark chocolate chips
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 tbsp instant coffee + 1 tbsp hot water
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • dash cinnamon
milk, mousse, candy, chocolate cake, brownie, fudge, goody, sweet, cake, cream, chocolate
Isabella Martin

Pre-heat your oven to 350 ˚F, and set out all of your ingredients to take a nice photo for Snapchat, just in case the final product doesn't turn out so pretty...

cake mix, sweet, chocolate, milk, candy
    Isabella Martin

Get ready to make the crust by unwrapping all of your Pop Tarts (there should be 8), and melting 1/2 a stick of butter in the microwave.

ice, chocolate
    Isabella Martin

In a large bowl, crumble up all 8 Pop Tarts. Slowly pour the melted butter over them and mix using your hands (make sure to wash your hands after you lick your fingers!).

chocolate
    Isabella Martin

Grease a 9 or 10 inch springform pan with some butter. Press your Pop Tart mixture into the bottom of the pan, forming a crust. Set aside.

candy, cream, milk, coffee, cereal, sweet, chocolate
    Isabella Martin

In a new bowl, beat your 24 oz of cream cheese (that's 3 8 oz packages, if you're too lazy to do the math) on medium speed until creamy. Slowly add in your 3 eggs, beating on low speed. Mix until fully combined.

#SpoonTip: Wash your hands after you add the eggs, unless you enjoy giving your friends salmonella!

butter, egg
    Isabella Martin

Add 1 cup of sugar to your mixture and beat until combined.

cream, dairy product, milk
    Isabella Martin

Add 1 tsp of vanilla to the cheesecake batter and beat on low, as to avoid splatter. Set the mixture aside.

caramel, dairy product, sweet, coffee, chocolate, milk, cream
    Isabella Martin

Now comes the really fun part; using a microwave or a double-boiler, melt 10 oz of chocolate chips (that's 1 bag of chocolate chips). Allow the melted chocolate to cool slightly, and take a break to lick the melted chocolate off the spoon.

milk chocolate, barbecue sauce, pudding, coffee, candy, sweet, cream, milk, chocolate
    Isabella Martin

Add the melted chocolate to your cheesecake mixture, stirring constantly.

candy, milk, cake, sweet, cream, chocolate
    Isabella Martin

In a small bowl - or a shot glass, if you're feeling extra trashy - heat 1 tbsp of water. Add 1 tbsp of instant coffee to this and stir until combined. Add this mixture, however, grainy, to your cheesecake for a nice mocha twist. It'll really 'elevate' the Pop Tart flavor, trust me.

mocha, tea, sweet, cappuccino, cream, espresso, chocolate, milk, coffee
    Isabella Martin

Spread your cheesecake mixture over the crust and bake at 350 ˚F for 1 hr and 10 minutes, or until the cheesecake is no longer extremely jiggly in the middle.

dairy product, bread, chocolate, coffee, sweet, milk, pudding, cream
    Isabella Martin

When it's time, remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool at room temperature for at least 3 hours before eating it. Bask in its pure majesty.

milk, pastry, goody, candy, cake, cream, chocolate, sweet
    Isabella Martin

If you really want to indulge, you can make a ganache for the cheesecake. To do this, boil 1 cup of whipping cream - take it off the heat once you see bubbles. Pour this cream over another 10 oz bag of chocolate chips and stir until fully combined.

#SpoonTip: If you have extra cream, you can make whipped cream. Just beat the cream at 'high' until it forms peaks. Add as much sugar as desired.

chocolate, milk, cream, coffee, tea
    Isabella Martin

Pour the ganache over the cheesecake, letting it drip artfully down the sides. Now take another photo for Snapchat, and get ready to EAT!

milk, fudge, sweet, goody, candy, chocolate cake, cake, cream, chocolate
    Isabella Martin