Hors d’oeuvres have never been easier and probably haven’t ever been this tasty either. You can pretty much throw anything from your fridge in to this bad boy and it’ll turn out amaze-balls. This recipe will have your party guests begging for more and with the little time and effort you put into it, you’ll have no problem dishing out the goods. Even better? You get to use your fingers!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Loaf of store-bought, uncut bread
Green onions, diced
1/2 cup cubed fontina cheese
1/4 shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
4 tbs. melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cut one inch slices into bread, careful not to cut all the way down to the bottom, so that it bakes as one loaf.
3. Cut one inch slices in the opposite directions, creating a checker pattern.
*Again, careful not to cut through the bread.
4. Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder in between the sections of the bread.
5. Fill the sections of the loaf with the cheese and green onions.
6. Pour the melted butter over the loaf – this will keep the crust from burning while the cheese melts.
7. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until all the cheese is melted.
8. Pull apart and enjoy!
*Use nonstick foil on your baking pan for easy clean up.
**You can make any number of variations to this recipe such as:
1. Tomatoes, basil and mozzarella make a great margarita pizza-like bread.
2. Shredded chicken, cheddar cheese, taco seasoning, tomatoes and avocado make for a crazy-good taco bread.
3. Roasted peppers, sautéed mushrooms and caramelized onions create yet another awesome party dish.
Craving more? Check out these links: