Your Halloween party is all set up, you have some solid food and the standard lineup of fun-sized candy, but you’re missing that dessert treat that brings your whole party together. Want to make your friends think you tried really hard, but don’t have the time or money to make the amazingly creative Halloween treats all over the internet? These two “recipes” have that perfect mix of convenience, low price and Halloween spirit using the most traditional festive candies.

Easy

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 
15 minutes

Servings: About 10 large cookies

1 package of sugar cookies (chocolate chip works as well)
1 small bag candy corn and/or pumpkin candies

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place cookie dough on ungreased cookie sheet, space evenly depending on how big you want your cookies to be.

Photo by Alex Weiner

3. Bake the cookies according to their package (in this case the cookies needed 12 minutes in a 350°F oven).
4. Press your candy corn and/or pumpkin candies into the fully cooked cookies while they’re still warm. Done.

Photo by Alex Weiner

This trail mix is super easy, and it adds a nice Halloween vibe to your party with little to no prep time.  If you’re looking for another salty component to balance out all the candy, you can get a little creative with pretzels, popcorn, or even potato chips.  Not only does this trail mix add a little protein to your Halloween treat arsenal, but it also makes it a little more acceptable to put down a whole bowl of candy corn at a party.

Easy

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time:
5 minutes

Servings: A large bowl of trail mix

Photo by Alex Weiner

1 jar of honey roasted peanuts
1 bag of Reese’s Pieces or your favorite variety of M&Ms
1 small bag of candy corn
Optional: pretzels, popcorn or potato chips

1.  Pour all ingredients into a large bowl.
2. That’s really it… enjoy!