There’s certainly plenty of enjoyment in a bite of fresh, juicy fruit. But sometimes after your 30th apple-a-day in a row, nothing seems more appealing than jazzing up your daily dose of fruit. Read on for ways to add contrasting textures and complementary flavors to a variety of fruit snacking options.

Bite-Sized Fruit Treats

Photo by Justin Shannin

Frozen Greek yogurt berries

Dip blueberries, raspberries or strawberries in honey-flavored Greek yogurt, then pop them in the freezer until frozen for a quick snack to enjoy inside a warm and cozy dorm room during the winter months.

Grapes, crackers and cheese
Bite-Sized Fruit Treats

Photo by Justin Shannin.

For a sweet treat, spread some cream cheese on a graham cracker and top with grape halves. Or try a Ritz cracker with a slice of marble jack or cheddar cheese and sliced grapes for a salty-sweet combo. You can even skip the cracker and instead skewer whole grapes and cheese cubes on toothpicks.

Bite-size peanut butter-banana pieces

Slice a banana in half lengthwise, then cut it vertically into smaller chunks. Sprinkle a little bit of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon on top, smear with peanut butter and drizzle with honey.

Cream cheese and yogurt fruit dip
Bite-Sized Fruit Treats

Photo by Justin Shannin.

Combine a 6-ounce container of Greek yogurt with 3 tablespoons of cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of honey. Add a ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract and whisk until smooth. Stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons of water for a smoother texture. Use as dip with slices of your favorite kinds of fruit (it goes with everything).

Fruit and nut combinations

Nuts and dried fruits are a fail-proof combo in trail mixes, but put a spin on the standard mix by combining fresh pears and walnuts, or peanuts and apple slices.

The ever-classic fruit with chocolate
Bite-Sized Fruit Treats

Photo by Justin Shannin.

Dip apple slices or orange wedges into melted bittersweet chocolate, then refrigerate until the chocolate is hardened. Or, try spreading a layer of Nutella on toast or a graham cracker and topping with banana and strawberry slices.

Bite-Sized Fruit Treats

Photo by Justin Shannin.