After the cold miserable months of winter, nothing sounds better than making something sweet to celebrate spring. But what to make? A spring tart? A light and fluffy cheesecake?
Those are all delicious, but when pressed with time, sometimes it’s better to jazz up an old, simple classic. Keep this quick trick in your back pocket: sprinkle some coconut shavings and egg-shaped candies on a cupcake and BOOM. Done. Bird’s nest cupcakes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes (not including baking time for cupcakes)
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 24 cupcakes
1 box cake mix (including oil, eggs, and water as directed)
2 cups shredded coconut
1 tub of your choice frosting (vanilla recommended)
Large bag of egg-shaped candies
1. Follow directions on cake mix to create approximately 24 cupcakes.
2. To make cupcake toppings, preheat oven to 350°F.
3. Cover a jelly roll pan with foil. Spread shredded coconut evenly over surface.
4. Place shredded coconut in oven and bake for 7 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. As the coconut cools, spread frosting over tops of cupcakes, making a slight well in the center.
6. Once the coconut has cooled, sprinkle over cupcake, pressing lightly to adhere to frosting.
7. Place three egg-shaped candies in the middle of the cupcake.