Buffalo wings are an iconic football food, but making them for a college crowd is no simple task. Cook time can take hours, and there’s always the possibility of not having enough for everyone. Plus, you most definitely will wrack up a hefty grocery bill in the process. Solve all of those problems and make everyone happy by turning your chicken wing dreams into a buffalo chicken dip reality that’s sure to please.

Easy

Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time:
30 minutes
Total time:
1 hour and 30 minutes

Servings: about 15

dip

Photo by Hana Ezaldein

4-oz. room temperature cream cheese
9-oz. buffalo wing sauce (we like Texas Pete, but use your favorite)
8-oz. bleu cheese dressing
4-5 boiled, shredded chicken breasts
1 yellow onion

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Boil yellow onion and chicken breasts in large pot for one hour. Pro Tip: if you don’t have time to boil chicken, use chicken in a can. You can find it in the grocery store next to the tuna fish, and, we promise, there’s nothing fishy about it.
3. While chicken is boiling, mix buffalo wing sauce, bleu cheese and cream cheese in large bowl. Try to blend cream cheese as much as possible, but it’s okay if it’s still a little chunky.

dip

Photo by Hana Ezaldein

4. Once chicken has finished boiling, safely drain water. After chicken has cooled, use fork to pull meat away from bone and shred — using fork or your fingers — into thinner strips.
5. Once chicken is shredded, mix with buffalo sauce mixture and pour dip into pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.

dip

Photo by Hana Ezaldein

7. After baking, let dip cool.

One the dip has cooled, serve it with your favorite crackers and celery sticks and you’ll be sure to come out a winner.

dip

Photo by Hana Ezaldein