We’ve all been there. Oversleeping or hitting the snooze button because you went to bed way too late. Maybe it’s because you were studying, writing a paper, or caught up in whatever Netflix series you’re currently hooked on. Personally, on these mornings shoving a banana down my throat while running out the door just doesn’t cut it. These muffins are the perfect solution and one batch will last you the entire week, which definitely calls for another Netflix episode.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 6 Muffins
2 spotted, ripe bananas
¼ cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons honey
½ cup rolled oats, plus extra for topping
¼ cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a blender, add oats and blend until they’re a powder.
3. To the blender, add the bananas, peanut butter, egg, honey, flour, vanilla, baking soda and cinnamon and blend until smooth and combined.
4. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Scoop mixture into a greased cupcake pan until each tin is 3/4 full.
6. Sprinkle raw oats on top for decoration.
7. Place on the upper rack of an oven and bake for 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8. Let the muffins cool and store them in an air tight container for up to a week.
More breakfast muffin recipes for your morning inspiration: