Life’s hard, so making pie shouldn’t be. Thankfully, our good friend Dina Cheney decided to make our lives easier by creating this banana caramel pie mug recipe. Why slave over a hot oven all day when you can just zap your pie instead? If there’s two things all college students love, it’s dessert and microwaves.
Banana Caramel Pie
- Prep Time:2 minutes
- Cook Time:3 minutes
- Total Time:5 minutes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 ripe banana, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 3 tablespoon caramel or dulce de leche sauce
- 1/4 cup whipped topping or homemade whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon chocolate shavings, for serving
Add the butter to a 12-oz. mug and cover. Microwave until melted, about 40 seconds.
Stir in the graham cracker crumbs and mix well, pressing into the bottom of the mug with the back of a spoon. Top with the bananas and caramel sauce.
Cover and microwave until the bananas are warm, about 1½ minutes. Top with whipped cream and chocolate.