It’s that time of year again. Shoppers rush home with their treasures, and us broke college students sit at home DIY-ing a present for mom and drinking eggnog spiked with Karkov. But this year, don’t let that tired bank account stop you from enjoying the season. Try these no bake candy cane truffles for a cheap and easy treat.

Easy

Prep Time: 1 hour

Cook Time: 0 min.

Servings: About 15 1-inch truffles

1 package of Oreos

1 package of candy canes

1 package of cream cheese (8 oz.)

1 package of baker’s chocolate

truffles

Photo by Erica Coulter

Directions:

1. Put Oreos in a plastic bag and crush with a hammer. Go ahead. Take out your anger on this one. The finer the cookie dust, the better.

truffles

Photo by Erica Coulter

3. Put candy canes in another plastic bag and crush with a hammer. This is redemption.

truffles

Photo by Erica Coulter

4. Mix candy cane dust and cream cheese with Oreo crumbles until consistent.

truffles

Photo by Erica Coulter

5. Roll mixture into 1-inch balls with your hands. Then place them in the fridge to set. (If you prefer your truffles to be a different size, feel free to adjust.)

truffles

Photo by Erica Coulter

6. While the truffles are setting, melt a bar of baker’s chocolate in the microwave. Be sure not to burn the chocolate by heating it in 30 second increments.

truffles

Photo by: Erica Coulter

7. After 30 minutes, use a fork or toothpick to dip each truffle into the melted chocolate. Roll each truffle around until they are completely covered.

truffles

Photo by Erica Coulter

8. Sprinkle candy cane dust on top to cover the hole in the top.

truffles

Photo by: Erica Coulter

9. Place truffles back in to the fridge for 10 minutes to harden and enjoy!

truffles

Photo by Erica Coulter

For more easy holiday treats, try these: