Bacon. Even the word looks beautiful. There’s just something about putting bacon in a dish that makes it taste one hundred times better, especially when it’s paired with something sweet. Last week we brought you bacon chocolate chip cookies for dessert, and this week we’re giving you a meal: bacon pancakes for breakfast. Drizzle some maple syrup on top, and enjoy the best meal of the day.
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10-15 minutes
Servings: 6 bacon pancakes
2 cups pancake mix
1 cup milk
6 strips bacon (can substitute for turkey bacon)
3 tablespoons butter (1 tablespoon for every two pancakes)
1. In a large frying pan, fry bacon until crispy (no need for oil).
2. When cooked, transfer bacon to a plate and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, prepare pancake mix according to package’s instructions. Usually, this means mixing dry pancake mix with milk and eggs.
4. Add one tablespoon butter into the same frying pan used earlier. Place on medium heat.
5. Add two cooked bacon strips to frying pan.
6. Spoon some pancake batter over the top of each bacon strip to cover the strips completely.
7. When small bubbles form in the batter, flip the pancake and cook until golden brown.
8. Repeat steps 4-7 until pancake mix and bacon is used up.
9. Transfer to a plate, drizzle with maple syrup and dig in!