Since graduating from baby food in 1997, I’ve moved onto solids and never looked back. No one wants to eat mush. Honestly, not even babies. Why eat veggies, fruit or meat ground into a weird-colored paste when you could eat the real thing? But one sip of this baby food cocktail could change all that.

At Georgie, Chopped judge Geoffrey Zakarian’s Beverly Hills restaurant, embracing mush might just be the next weird food trend to make it big. The Georgie Gerber cocktail mixes tequila and peach baby food, and according to LA Mag, it’s “actually delicious.”

And actually expensive, at $19 per cocktail.

Now you can DIY with this recipe, and for a lot less than $19. Swap in any flavor of baby food you’re feeling (pear-raspberry: yes, turkey-carrot: not so much) and use cheaper tequila to slash the price of your fruity baby food cocktail. All you need are your ingredients and a mason jar; no bartending skills required.

Fruity Baby Food Cocktail

• Prep Time:3 minutes
  • Cook Time:0 minutes
  • Total Time:3 minutes

• 1 container fruit-based baby food
  • 1.5 oz tequila
  • 1 squeeze lime
  • 1 squeeze agave
  • 1 pinch cinnamon
  • 1 peach, sliced
  • 2 cinnamon sticks

Gather your ingredients.

Photo by Hailey Maher

Put all ingredients into a mason jar (except for the peach and cinnamon sticks), and shake until mixed. Taste and make any adjustments to ingredient proportions.

Photo by Hailey Maher

Garnish with sliced peach and cinnamon sticks. Sip and enjoy childhood, adultified.

Photo by Hailey Maher