It's safe to say that the internet is obsessed with anything Gordon Ramsay right now. Whether it's stalking his twitter account where he roasts people's cooking, or binge watching Hell's Kitchen on Hulu, we can't seem to get enough of Chef Ramsay. So I figured: why not attempt to recreate one of his recipes?

The recipe I am going to be attempting is for coffee and chocolate cups, which can be found on his website. If you have trouble finding mascarpone in your local grocery store, like me, you can use this recipe for a great substitute. Let's get started.

Coffee & Chocolate Cups

• 3.5 oz dark chocolate
  • 4.5 oz mascarpone
  • 2 tbsp powdered sugar
  • 4 tbsp strong espresso coffee
  • 150 ml heavy whipping cream
chocolate, dairy product, pudding, yogurt, sweet, coffee, cream, milk
Micaela Petrucci

First you'll need to break up your chocolate and put it in a bowl. Chef Ramsay instructs to melt it in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, but if you're like me and prefer the quick and easy option, just pop that baby into the microwave for 45-60 seconds, stirring occasionally. Leave it out to cool.

dairy product, goody, candy, sweet, milk, cream, chocolate
    Micaela Petrucci

With a hand whisk (or if you don't have a whisk like me, use a fork) beat the mascarpone, or mascarpone substitute, and powdered sugar together until smooth. Next, whisk in the espresso and melted chocolate.

dairy product, sweet, cream, milk
    Micaela Petrucci

In another bowl, you'll want to whip the heavy whipping cream until soft peak forms. Go ahead and fold the cream into the mocha mixture until well combined. Spoon the mousse into four cups (Chef Ramsay instructs cappuccino cups but c'mon, who has cappuccino cups just laying around?) Chill overnight.

chocolate mousse, goody, pastry, coffee, mousse, cake, candy, milk, cream, sweet, chocolate
    Micaela Petrucci

To finish it off, you'll want to whip 4 tbsp of heavy whipping cream until it is thick and then swirl over the mousse. I would definitely recommend trying to find a whisk for this step otherwise your arm will get really tired. But hey, it could be a good arm workout!

dairy product, chocolate mousse, sweet, pudding, mousse, coffee, chocolate, milk, cream
    Micaela Petrucci

I'll admit, I know the appearance isn't up to Chef Ramsay's standards (it was a bit hard making whipped cream without a whisk) and I decided to use the only three matching glasses I have. Still, it turned out thick, sweet, a little bit bitter, and a lot delicious, just as I expected it to

So I guess it wasn't a total fail, right? Hopefully G-Rams won't tell me to "piss off" or call me an "idiot sandwich" after seeing my attempt at one of his recipes.