Juices and juice cleanses have been all the rage for a while now, but do you ever pay close attention to the ingredients of the juices you choose to cleanse with? I hadn’t either—until I heard about Forager.

Forager is a juice company working to produce a healthier juice that’s less processed, contains less sugar, and focuses on vegetables just as much as fruit. In addition to some amazing juices, Forager also offers a variety of nut-based milks.

All of these drinks are cold processed, organic, and friendly to those with food restrictions (vegan, dairy free, lactose free, soy free, gluten free, and paleo friendly).

Drink your vegetables #foragerproject

A photo posted by Forager Project (@foragerproject) on Oct 12, 2013 at 12:33pm PDT

Besides being extremely transparent about their ingredients and manufacturing, Forager differs from other juice companies for these three reasons: 

The Forager’s first ingredient is actually a vegetable, Forager is about innovation and providing healthy food in a variety of formats and Forager uses minimal fruits and unrefined sweeteners (honey & maple syrup) only.

It may be hard to believe but they really do all of this while still making delicious drinks.

To prove to you how healthy Forager’s products really are, I decided to compare them to other major juice companies such as Blue Print, Evolution Fresh, and Pressed Juicery. I looked at the nutrition facts of each company’s green juice and this is what I found:

While the calorie count of each juice varied, and Forager’s was not significantly lower than others, the amount of protein and nutrients (Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Iron, and Calcium) in Forager’s green juices were incredibly high compared to the other companies’ green juices.

Although the many people only search for the calorie count in nutrition facts, lets be honest, protein and nutrients are extremely important. To give you a more concrete idea of the amount of nutrients found in a Forager green juice, I’ve listed the percentages and comparisons below. 

Forager’s green juice: Vitamin A – 147% ; Vitamin C – 102% ; Calcium – 11% ; Iron – 16% ; Protein – 5 grams.

Blue Print’s green juice: Vitamin A – 10% ; Vitamin C – 20% ; Calcium – 10% ; Iron – 4% ; Protein – 2 grams.

Evolution Fresh’s green juice: Vitamin A – 6% ; Vitamin C – 0% ; Calcium – 2% ; Iron – 0% ; Protein – 2 grams.

Pressed Juicery’s green juice: Vitamin A – 20% ; Vitamin C – 40% ; Calcium – 4% ; Iron – 4% ; Protein – 2 grams.

If I haven’t yet convinced you to try one of Forager’s products, below is a list of Forager’s juices and milks to get your mouth watering:

Greens

Greens & Apple

Greens & Greens

Greens & Pineapple

Greens & Orange

Nuts

Nuts & Vanilla

Nuts & Chocolate

Nuts & Coffee

Nuts & Coconut

Nuts & Matcha

Walnuts & Honey  

Roots

Beets

Roots

Avocado

Avocado & Greens

Avocado & Tomato

Forager Alternative Milks*

Creamy Cashewmilk / Unsweetened

Creamy Cashewmilk / Sweetened

Creamy Cashewmilk / Chocolate

Happy #Sunday — drink your veggies every day — #ritualdrink

A photo posted by Forager Project (@foragerproject) on Mar 23, 2014 at 2:46pm PDT

Whether you’re craving creamy or fresh and simple, all of Forager’s unique drinks are refreshing, healthy and wholesome.

If you want to find out more about Forager take a look at their website or pick up your own juice at a local grocery store.