These beautiful apple pie roses are almost too pretty to eat. Key word: almost. After a beautiful fall day of apple picking make these eye-catching and delicious apple roses that will be sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Serve these beautiful roses either with some ice cream or just with some powder sugar to make them shine on their own. 

Apple Pie Roses

• 1 package refrigerated pie crust
  • 4 apples preferably fuji
  • 2 tablespoon apricot jam
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups water
chocolate
Emmalyne Owens

Preheat oven to 375°F and line a muffin tin with paper cups. Wash apples, then slice them into very thin slices.

apple, vegetable, peach
    Emmalyne Owens

Place apple slices, water, sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in microwave for 2 1/2 minutes or until water is hot. Place bowl on counter to cool.

coffee, potato
    Emmalyne Owens

Cut the dough into strips about 6 inches long.

cake, cheese
    Emmalyne Owens

Place jelly in a bowl and heat in microwave for 1 minute. Using a pastry brush, coat the inside of the dough strips with the jelly.

cheese
    Emmalyne Owens

Starting on the end closest to you, place apple slices overlapping on the dough strips, having the edges overhang of the apples overhang.

flour, bread
    Emmalyne Owens

Fold dough strip in half, then roll up the strip starting with the edge closest to you. Place the rolled up rose in a muffin tin cup, and repeat with the rest of the strips.

flour, dough, fish, bread
    Emmalyne Owens

Coat the roses with apricot mixture on top then sprinkle sugar on top. Place the muffin tin in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and enjoy with vanilla ice or on its own.

cupcake, chocolate, caramel, butter, peanut butter, peanut
    Emmalyne Owens