Almond flour is emerging as a popular alternative to wheat flour, for reasons like having a lower carbohydrate content and higher amounts of fiber, healthy fats, and protein.

Almonds are the healthiest tree nuts, as they have more nutrients, like vitamin E, phosphorus, zinc, and calcium. Almonds are also good for your heart, because not only are they cholesterol-free, but they lower cholesterol and blood pressure. So a bread with a base of ground-up almonds is a bread that also does all the wonderful things that almonds do for you. 

The ingredients in this almond flour bread recipe are somewhat expensive (mainly the almond flour), but you can easily make almond flour at home as long as you have a blender or food processor.

Simple Almond Bread

• 2 1/4 cups almond flour
  • 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 5 eggs
  • 1/2 tablespoon honey
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
  • Sliced almonds optional
bread, toast, almond, banana, french toast, honey
Aracelia Skridulis

Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.

tea, coffee, beer
    Aracelia Skridulis

Combine flour, flaxseed, baking soda, and salt.

coffee, chocolate, sweet
    Aracelia Skridulis

Then, mix in eggs, honey, oil, and apple cider vinegar.

cereal, wheat, sweet
    Aracelia Skridulis

Bake for 30 minutes. Voila!

cake, sweet, pastry, chocolate, cream, pie, bread
    Aracelia Skridulis

I cannot stress how easy this almond flour bread was to make. This was probably the easiest thing I have ever baked. I'd put it on the level of boxed brownies. Seriously. It was even easy to clean up because it only required one bowl and one pan. 

It turned out wonderfully with a muted almond flavor, which I liked. If you like bread that is sweet, I recommend adding more honey than I did. Either way, this bread is great as a snack or as a supplement to breakfast, especially if you are looking for a way to substitute carbohydrates for protein and fiber, and don't want to give up sweet bread.