Summer is, unquestionably, the season of barbeques. With hot dogs, hamburgers, coleslaw, macaroni and cheese, and steaks usually stealing the show, any guest that doesn't eat meat and/or dairy can feel a little left out. Enter: balsamic beans and apples -- filling, healthy, completely vegan, and will make all your guests happy! (Because who doesn't love beans?)

Grilled corn may be delicious, but one can only have so much grilled corn, you know? And carrots and hummus might be good for awhile but, c'mon. Vegetables will only fill people up for so long.

The next time you're hosting a barbeque, or your looking for a dish to bring to someone else's, impress every guest with this quick and easy side dish. Bonus -- you probably already have all the ingredients somewhere in your kitchen, and all you need is twenty minutes.

Sauteed Balsamic Beans and Apples

• 2 15-oz cans low-sodium Black Beans drained and rinsed
  • 2 15-oz cans low-sodium Cannellini Beans drained and rinsed
  • 2 Red Apples cut into chunks
  • 2 Red Onions
  • 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar adjust to taste
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
coffee
Ashleigh Monaco

Drain and rinse the beans.

black beans, vegetable, legume, cereal
    Ashleigh Monaco

Cut up the onions and apples.

chocolate, rose
    Ashleigh Monaco

Heat the olive oil in a large pan on the stove top over high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the red onions. Sautee the onions until they are translucent.

candy, onion
    Ashleigh Monaco

Once the onions are ready, reduce the heat to medium and add the apple chunks. Sautee together for about five to ten minutes, or until the apples are slightly soft.

ham, apple
    Ashleigh Monaco

Add all the beans to the pan. Reduce heat to low. Add the balsamic vinegar. Sautee together for about five more minutes, until everything has soaked up the liquids.

beans, legume, cereal, vegetable
    Ashleigh Monaco

Enjoy warm or cold!

azuki bean, moth bean, horse gram, vegetable, legume, cereal
    Ashleigh Monaco