Christmas just wouldn't be the same without all the treats, sweets and cookies you make with family and friends. Here are some amazing recipes you have to try this holiday season. No matter who you're baking for, these recipes won't disappoint. 

1. Cherry and Nut Fudge

brownie, cake, cherry, chocolate
Emily Cashdan

This fudge recipe is the perfect mix of chocolate, nuts, and cherries. The unbeatable combination makes a soft and tasty fudge that nobody can resist over the holidays. If you're a big fan of fudge, but not a fan of cherries, you should try this amazing gingerbread fudge

2. Peppermint Bark 

butter, chocolate, peppermint
Hannah Hazy

Believe it or not, this traditional holiday treat is really easy to make at home. With this simple recipe, you can make homemade peppermint bark in just 15 minutes. This delicious bark is a must-have around the holidays and makes a perfect gift for friends, too. If you want to make the best possible peppermint bark, here are some Spoon tips to help you out.

3. Nestle Chocolate Chip Cookies

chips, cookie, chocolate
Hannah Hazy

My good friend Nestle has the chocolate chip cookie recipe down. It's a cookie classic that should never be changed. A warm batch of these are definitely meant for the holiday season. 

4. Buckeyes

This is my favorite holiday sweet. It's basically a homemade Reese's, only better. This treat is fairly simple to make, although it takes some time to roll the peanut butter into balls and dip them in chocolate. But I'm telling you now, these Buckeyes will be gone in the blink of an eye. Once you have one, you can't stop eating them.  

5. Gingerbread Cookie Truffles

sweet, milk, dairy product, cream
Elizabeth Philip

Gingerbread will always be a beloved holiday cookie, but this recipe takes gingerbread to a whole new level. The best part?  You only need three ingredients to make this dessert. These easy-to-make truffles will quickly become one of your new holiday favorites. 

6. Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies

No other thumbprint cookie makes it feel like the holidays quite like this one. Try this delicious recipe for an amazing holiday classic that will never go out of style. 

7. Peppermint Snowballs

cream, candy, chocolate, cake, raspberry
Emily Cashdan

My mom found this holiday cookie many years ago and it's been a part of my family's Christmas ever since. There are simply no words to describe the perfection and magic of this cookie. I'm not exaggerating, you've got to try it!

#SpoonTip: Use a food processor to crush up the peppermint. It will save you tons of time and energy. 

I know that most people make the same holiday cookies with their families every year, but it's fun to add to your traditions. Give some of these amazing sweets a try this season and see what joy it brings you.