I'd like to say that I lead a healthy lifestyle. I constantly try my best to eat wholesome foods and exercise a couple times a week. While I eat well throughout the day, I find that dinner is the most difficult meal. Often, dinner is a large meal and can be filled with carbs. And because I work out in the late afternoon, I'm extremely hungry by the time dinner rolls around. However, I've found many low-carb dinners that fill me and satisfy my dinner cravings while still eating healthy. Here are my favorite low-carb dinners that you need to try this summer.

1. Zoodles

meat, pepper, vegetable
Analiese Trimber

I had to start with my all time favorite, zoodles. Zoodles, or zucchini noodles, are a great low-carb substitute for spaghetti. You can use a spiralizer and make your own zoodles or get them store-bought. Zoodles can be made a variety of ways. Personally, I love to have zoodles with turkey meatballs for a protein-packed, low-carb dinner that is absolutely delicious. A huge plus is that many restaurants are hopping on the zoodles bandwagon so you can eat low-carb while dining out.

2. Cauliflower Pizza

pizza, sauce, tomato, meat, cheese, mozzarella
Paige Marie Rodgers

A huge misconception is that when eating low-carb foods, you have to give up foods that you love to eat. That is most definitely not true, as there are many low-carb alternatives. For example, cauliflower pizza is a great option for when you're craving a good New York slice. Get together with your friends and have a cauliflower pizza party this summer. Cauliflower pizza is the perfect way to enjoy your favorite foods while eating low-carb.

3. Naruto Rolls

tuna, vegetable, sushi, cucumber, seafood, avocado, salmon, fish
Olivia Salzman

For all you sushi lovers out there, no need to give it up. Naruto rolls are a great low-carb sushi option. Rather than being wrapped in rice, enjoy your favorite sushi with it wrapped in cucumber. Not only are they low-carb, but naruto rolls give your sushi added crunch.

4. Lettuce Tacos

tacos, rice, vegetable, chicken
Natalie Marshall

Enjoy taco tuesday the low-carb way by making crunchy and refreshing lettuce tacos. Swap the tortilla for hearts of lettuce and create the ultimate taco with whatever meat, sauces, and veggies you desire. These are incredibly satisfying and you'll be grabbing for more.

5. Spaghetti Squash

parsley, tomato, basil, vegetable, sauce, pasta, spaghetti
Julia Maguire

Another one of my low-carb dinner favorites is spaghetti squash. Similarly to zoodles, spaghetti squash is a low-carb alternative to spaghetti or linguini. The healthy carbs in the squash create for a satisfying dinner that won't weigh you down. Again, there are many ways to make unique spaghetti squash dishes.

6. Cauliflower Fried Rice

onion, risotto, chicken, pork, pepper, fried rice, meat, vegetable, rice
Yi Xie

Whenever I'm craving chinese food, my go-to is cauliflower fried rice. It's so simple to trick yourself and turn a healthy vegetable into a low-carb dinner that makes you feel like you're indulging. 

#SpoonTip: Add cauliflower fried rice (or plain) to salad for something more filling and dense.

7. Portobello Mushroom Burger Buns

aubergine, eggplant, salad, tomato, vegetable, cheese
Paige Twombly

A great low-carb dinner for your summer barbecues are portobello mushroom burger buns. Swap out white bread buns for portobello mushrooms. They make for a great bun replacement and the flavors go so well with a juicy hamburger.

Eating low-carb foods isn't as hard as it seems. Personally, I've grown to love these low-carb dinners and crave them constantly. It's also important to remember that everything is okay to have, as long as it's in moderation. Enjoy yourself and the foods you love by creating these low-carb dinners.