New England is known for its gorgeous fall season. The weather gets colder, the football tailgates get rowdier, and fall beers line the shelves. Unfortunately, fall eventually has to come to an end. So take advantage of the rest of the best season, and pair it with the best seven beers, because what more could you ask for? Ranked by the most pumpkin to the least pumpkin, these are the most delicious pumpkin and oktoberfest beers.

beers

Photo courtesy of mysticseaport.org

Whole Foods has a “create-your-own-sixpack” deal and we took full advantage of that. Warning: Beerology is not my forte, biology is. You can even more official and rank them with the Beerology’s handy evaluation sheet. The beer was ranked and taste tested by five average college students (four male and one female). And remember, drink responsibly.

7. Spaten Oktoberfest

beers

Photo by Riley McCarthy

This ale was incredibly and unfortunately average. The light golden colored beer’s underlying nutty flavor is one to remember. Upon opening, it smells a little skunky. Do not be too put off by this though, apparently it is normal.

6. Hofbräu Oktoberfest

beers

Photo by Riley McCarthy

This ale tastes just like a Stella. It is light and crisp, perfect for a warm fall day. HB should be the go-to backup plan if you couldn’t get to Germany this October. Germans do it right, they know how to make a good beer.

5. Samuel Adams Octoberfest

beers

Photo by Riley McCarthy

It just tastes like fall. The amber brew looks like October in a cup, the caramel and toffee flavors mix to create a complex yet delicious flavor that people need. Ranked number one by the average college kids, its something that everyone needs to try before the season ends.

4. Dogfish Head Punkin Ale

beers

Photo by Riley McCarthy

Having the coolest label, this brew is ranked number four. We don’t want to call it the worst beer, because it wasn’t. It was a heavier beer with not as much pumpkin flavor as we would have liked. It tasted pretty normal, but it should not be the first October go-to.

3. Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale

beers

Photo by Riley McCarthy

An all-time favorite, this brew comes in third place. Take a Blue Moon, remove the citrus and add the spices, you’ll fall in love with this tasty treat. This beer is the perfect transition from the summer traditional light beer, to a heavier beer for the winter season. It’s light and very refreshing. All the average college kids could say was “yum.”

2. Wolaver’s Pumpkin Ale

beers

Photo by Riley McCarthy

Organic and GMO free, this beer is delicious. It even has words in the cap, which is the best part of any drink. The picture on the bottle is too cute (a little farmer and his pitchfork). This beer tastes like cinnamon and all-spice and the golden amber color is matched perfectly to fall. It was a lighter beer, and it was crisp and easy to drink. Wolaver’s should be the second pumpkin ale on anyone’s list.

1. Southern Tier Pumking

beers

Photo by Riley McCarthy

By far, the best beer, it is pumpkin as shit. “I feel like my face got blasted by a pumpkin,” said one college student. Pour it into a cup with cinnamon sugar on the rim, and you’ll be in a world surrounded with dancing scarecrows and singing pumpkins. Pumking was a heavier beer, so I wouldn’t suggest it to anyone who is afraid of an IPA. It will bewitch your tastebuds and put you under it’s magical spell. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.