Craving a cocktail, but don't want to pay eight dollars at Mission or five dollars at Mi Ranch? Too extra to just pour vodka and gatorade in a plastic water bottle like everyone else? Don't have a blender, shaker or any form of bartending skills? 

Not to worry. I've created a few easy and quick drink recipes that will get the party started, no experience or equipment required. The best part is that every ingredient for each drink (except for the alcohol, of course) can be found at Wash U's loyal, chaser-supplying friend, Paws & Go. So you can be drunk, cheap and lazy, while still keeping it classy AF.

Bear's Cosmopoli-Den

• 1 shot cranberry juice
  • 1/2 shot Triple Sec
  • 1/2 lime
  • 1 shot vodka
liquor, ice, tea, alcohol, juice, cocktail, wine
Chandler Seed

Pour the cranberry juice and Triple Sec into a glass and stir.

Squeeze half a lime into the glass, pour in the shot of vodka, and mix it all together.

For the Carrie Bradshaw wannabe.

SoFoHo Sangria

• 2 cups red wine
  • Orange slices/cubes
  • Apple slices/cubes
  • 1/2 cup Lemon Dasani Sparkling Water
  • 1/2 cup brandy
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
mint, lemon, strawberry, alcohol, liquor, juice, ice, cocktail
Chandler Seed

Add sliced or cubed fruit to the bottom of a pitcher before pouring the red wine, sparkling water, brandy and orange juice on top.

Stir the mixture, pour it into a glass, and garnish with an orange wedge if you're feeling fancy.

Why go to Ibby's when you can make your own?

Strawberry Duc-uiri

• 1 strawberry Italian ice
  • 1 bottle Lime Dasani Sparkling Water
  • 1 shot rum
berry, juice, strawberry, ice, sweet
Chandler Seed

Let the Italian ice sit out for a couple minutes to soften. Scoop it out of the cup and place into a bigger bowl.

Add the rum, and with a fork, mash the ice and the alcohol together.

Slowly mix in the sparkling water until a desired consistency is achieved. Pour the drink into a glass and spruce it up with a lime wedge.

Mudd-y Marg

• 1 lime
  • 1 shot tequila
  • 1 shot Triple Sec or orange juice
  • Salt optional
lime, lemon, ice, juice, cocktail
Chandler Seed

Cut the lime into wedges and use one of the wedges to moisten (sorry) the rim of the glass you're using. Spread out a good amount of salt on a plate and dip the rim of the glass into it, lining it with salt.

Combine the tequila and Triple Sec in the glass and stir.

#SpoonTip: If you're craving a frozen marg, use lemon Italian ice and adapt the concept for the Strawberry Duc-uiri recipe above.

Piña Co-lotta Meal Points Left

• 1 "Tropical Escape" Chobani Flip Yogurt
  • 1 splash Lime Dasani Sparkling Water
  • 1 shot rum
dairy, yogurt, dairy product, cream, milk
Chandler Seed

Mix together all ingredients with a spoon, adding the sparkling water slowly until the mixture reaches your desired consistency.

Pour into a cup and garnish with a piece of pineapple.

Don't be put-off by the idea of yogurt in your cocktail. It's actually very trendy right now and tastes just like a piña colada.

Bloody Bear-y

• 1 can Tostitos Restaurant Style Salsa
  • 1/2 lemon
  • 2 shots vodka
tea, sweet, lemon, ice, cocktail, juice
Chandler Seed

Fill a cup with the salsa, and add the vodka and the juice from half a lemon.

Stir it all up and enjoy.

#SpoonTip: Choose the spice level of your salsa based on how hot you want your Bloody Mary to be, and sub the vodka with tequila for a Bloody Maria drink instead.

With these easy drink recipes, you'll be right on your way to bartending goals. So enjoy hosting your next pregame, getting compliments from friends on your homemade drinks, and having a little secret that your classy event was made possible by your leftover meal points.  

Just remember to drink safely!