If you're anything like me, the Halloween season started a long time ago. However, Halloween party season is right around the corner. But what will you wear? What will you feed your guests? And the decorations?

Whoa, don't stress. I'm here to help take away at least one of those worries (you could always dress up as a cat or look here for an even better idea). I have compiled a short and sweet list of my absolute favorite Halloween party treats (because who really needs anything else besides sugar?). These are all super simple and will cost less than $20!  

Pumpkin-Shaped Crispy Marshmallow Treats

• Prep Time:0

• 1/4 cup butter
  • 4 cups mini marshmallows
  • 5 cups crisp rice cereal
  • Orange food coloring
  • Green licorice or other candy for pumpkin stems
vegetable, meat, rice, risotto, sauce, seafood
Jeffrey Ho

Melt butter in large sauce pan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted and well-blended. Cook two minutes longer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.

Add cereal. Stir until well coated. Add a couple drops of food coloring in to achieve your desired shade of pumpkin orange and stir it evenly.

Press mixture evenly and firmly in buttered pan. When cool, mold into pumpkins as big or as small as you’d like. Press green candy stems into the top.

(I used this great recipe for the mixture).

Nutter Butter Party Ghosts

• 5 packs Nutter Butters
  • 1 box semi-sweet white chocolate for baking
  • Frosting your choice for the ghost's eyes
sweet, cream, cake, candy, pastry
Jeffrey Ho

Melt the white chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, mixing in between heating time until completely melted.

Dip one side of each Nutter Butter cookie in the white chocolate and refrigerate for 20 minutes.

Add dots of frosting as the ghost's eyes.

Creepy, Crawly, Chocolatey Spiders

• 1 pack regular-sized marshmallows
  • 1 box semi-sweet baking chocolate
  • 1 pack pull-apart Twizzlers
  • Frosting your choice for the spider's eyes
chocolate, cake, candy, sweet, cream, pastry, mousse
Jeffrey Ho

Pull apart two twizzlers per spider and cut them in half. Arrange them so that there are 8 'legs' and push them together in the center so that they stick.

Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, mix in between heat times until completely melted.

Dip each marshmallow completely into the chocolate and press onto a set of Twizzlers. Refrigerate for 20 minutes then add the eyeballs with frosting.

Jell-O Worm Goo

• Cook Time:4 hrs
  • Total Time:4 hrs 5 mins

• 1 box green Jell-O
  • 1 bag gummy worms
tamarind
Jeffrey Ho

Follow the directions on the back of the Jell-O box (it takes 4 hours to cool). Add gummy worms to the mixture before cooling it.

Once Jell-O is done cooling, sprinkle more gummy worms on top. All done!

The Fluffiest, Sweetest, Tastiest Sugar Cookies

sweet
Jeffrey Ho

Okay, so, these may not be homemade or super spooky, but come one. Who can resist these classic fluffy sugar cookies? Definitely not me. They're only about $3 so I'd say it's absolutely worth it.  

Alright, now you're all set. You've got your costume and your party treats, what else could you possibly want or need? This is about to be the best Halloween party ever, your guests are not going to be able to stop talking, tweeting, and snapping about these sweets.

I hope all you sweet tooth-having people enjoy these as much as I have and for those of you that would rather have a nice carrot stick or a salad instead, check this out. But never forget that the Halloween season is all about trick or treating yo' self.