While eggs, açai bowls, and pancakes may rank among most peoples' favorite breakfasts, these all take time. They're not exactly feasible when you're running off to class or the gym in the morning, which is why I often choose oatmeal.

Oats are filling and contain plenty of fiber, but plain oatmeal every morning becomes boring and bland quickly, which is why I like to experiment with different toppings to keep my routine fresh, fast, and fun. Here are five bowls you're sure to love.

1. Cashew Butter and Strawberries

cream, ice cream, ice, strawberry
Spoon Staff

In case you haven't heard, cashew butter is delicious. It tends to be more caloric than as peanut and almond butter but its rich, creamy texture is sure to keep you full until lunch. A little goes a long way in this bowl. 

2. Banana, Almond Butter, and Cinnamon

banana, cinnamon
Spoon Staff

Cinnamon is a healthy way to add flavor to oatmeal without adding unnecessary sugar. Pair it with almond butter and banana slices and you're good to go.

3. Apple and Pecans

apple
Spoon Staff

Apples and pecans bring to mind flavorful fall pies, but who says they don't taste great in your breakfast. Plus, apples are supposedly even better at helping you wake up in the morning than coffee. I'm not sure about that, but it's worth a shot.

4. Raspberry, Mango, and Honey Drizzle

berry, raspberry, chocolate, strawberry
Spoon Staff

If you wake up one morning with a sweet tooth, this one's for you. The raspberries and mango pack natural sugars and will get your day started on the right note.

5. Kiwi, Blueberries, and Chia seeds

sweet, kiwi fruit, juice
Spoon Staff

This combo has to be my favorite. The fruit has just the right amount of sweetness without being overpowering, and the fiber-filled chia seeds add a bit of extra crunch.

Next time you're running late but have just enough time to spare, try one of these bowls or mix and match fruits, nuts, nut butters, and spices to create your own.