Summer (sigh). No homework. No tests. And, especially, no 8 AM lectures. To people taking summer classes, my condolences, you can stop reading now. The most desired time of the year, when darties, all-nighters, binge watching Netflix, and waking up straight to lunch time are the only things we millennials do. Throw in a summer fling somewhere in there and you’ve got yourself the perfect summer.

With summer just around the corner, the enthusiasm amongst college students is heightening. Even though we still have finals to get through, all I can think about is how I want to be sipping on a bomb mojito (hydration is key, am i right?) while sunbathing my days away.

In desperate need of some motivation to finish off the semester and simply have something to look forward to a month and a half away from now, I searched for inspiration on the Spoon University website and ran into a vast list of mojito recipes. Try these recipes out if you need some inspiration for the first darty of the summer and impress all of your friends with your exquisite mixology skills.

1. Kiwi Pineapple Mojito

mint, smoothie, juice, cocktail
Kailla Coomes

Meet the ultimate tropical mojito. Incorporating pineapple (whether you use canned pineapple or the real thing is up to you), fresh kiwi, and mint leaves, this recipe will transport you to the sea shore on a sunny day with its refreshing, tropical taste. 

2. Raspberry Mojito

alcohol, strawberry, berry, lime, lemon, sweet, mint, ice, cocktail, juice
Photo by Vedika Luthra

Raspberry smoothies, raspberry jam, raspberries on salads, and raspberry mojitos? I think yes. Take advantage of berry season and get crazy by making this summer-appropriate raspberry mojito recipe. Freeze raspberries and have them stocked in your fridge for when you’re craving a taste of summer.

3. Honeydew Mojito

If you happen to have some leftover honeydew melon from your summer fruit salad, be practical and make this honeydew mojito. Wow the crowd with your fancy bartender skills and increase your fruit intake with all the benefits honeydew melon provides. You can even make it a virgin version if you’re not really into the booziness. This recipe is a quick fix to a thirsty summer day.

4. Watermelon Mojito 

alcohol, tea, ice, juice, beer
Photo by Jamie Fink

Pretend you’re diving into a watermelon with this concoction. All you need is 5 minutes of your time, a seedless mini watermelon, and some booze to make this happen. It’s Insta-worthy, somewhat healthy, and super unique. You will not regret your decision. 

5. Black and Blueberry Mojito

lemonade, liquor, iced tea, alcohol, lime, sweet, mint, juice, lemon, cocktail, ice
Photo by Lauryn Laahr

If you’re looking for something easy yet classic, make this 5-minute black and blueberry mojito on your next summer party. You don’t even need a blender, which makes it easy to make pretty much anywhere you go. Carry it around in a mason jar, take it to your summer picnic, and don't forget to proudly Instagram your creation. 

Now that I have provided you with 5 inspiring mojito recipes to get you through the summer, it’s your turn to try them out. Get familiar with the essential bar tips and make the best out of your time off from school.