Out of all of my favorite childhood foods, peanut butter and jelly ranks the highest. It reminds me of homemade sandwiches in my lunchbox, and toast that Mom would make me whenever I was sick (although these foods might have been a better cure). Whenever I'm feeling nostalgic and in need of some childhood comfort, these peanut butter and jelly cookies are my go-to.

Not only are these cookies easy to make (5-ingredient recipes ftw), but they're also vegan and gluten-free. Best enjoyed with your Scooby Doo pajamas, some Dunkaroos, and an episode of Rugrats.

Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies

• 1 cup oats
  • 3/4 cup roasted peanuts
  • 5 pitted Medjool dates
  • 4 tablespoons margarine
  • 8 teaspoons jam
  • Salt
chocolate, butter, peanut
Jody Brimacombe

Preheat the oven to 200°F

In a blender, combine peanuts, dates, and a pinch of salt.

almond
    Jody Brimacombe

Pulse on medium speed for thirty seconds, or until a sticky mixture forms.

coffee, sweet, tea, chocolate
    Jody Brimacombe

In a bowl, stir together the peanut-date mixture, oats, and margarine. Mix until well-combined.

cereal, sweet, wheat, porridge, corn, granola, buckwheat, oatmeal, muesli
    Jody Brimacombe

Using your hands, roll one tablespoon of the dough into a ball and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat for the remainder of the dough. The recipe should yield roughly sixteen cookies.

chocolate, sweet, candy, truffle, cookie
    Jody Brimacombe

Bake the cookies in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until slightly browned.

sweet, chocolate, cake, pastry, cookie, candy
    Jody Brimacombe

Separate the cookies into pairs. For each pair, add one teaspoon of jam and sandwich the cookies together.

chocolate, sweet
    Jody Brimacombe

Do healthy peanut butter and jelly cookies sound a little strange? Yes. Will you eat the entire batch in less than an hour anyways? Also yes. If you're still feeling the PB & J vibes once you polish off these cookies, check out these other foods made with peanut butter and jelly.