There are few things in life as refreshing as a tall glass of iced tea in the middle of a hot summer’s day. While classic iced tea is, well, classic, peach iced tea is a great way to not only quench your thirst, but to also get in some of your fruit for the day (at least that’s what we’re telling ourselves…). This peach iced tea recipe is incredibly easy and uses a delicious peach simple syrup to really pack a punch in your summer beverage.

4-Ingredient Peach Iced Tea

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:30 minutes
  • Total Time:40 minutes
  • Servings:5-6

• 9 cup water, divided
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3 tablespoon loose leaf black tea (about 3-4 tea bags)
  • 3 ripe peaches
Photo by Claire Waggoner

Wash and slice peaches, making sure to remove the pit.

Photo by Claire Waggoner

Add sliced peaches, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup water into a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Once the sugar is dissolved, smash peaches with a wooden spoon and place a lid on the pan. Turn off the heat and let the simple syrup sit for 30 minutes.

#SpoonTip: An old-school potato masher or immersion blender is great for smashing up the peaches. 

Photo by Claire Waggoner

While the simple syrup mixture is sitting, brew your black tea. To do so, brew loose leaf tea in 8 cups boiling water for 4-5 minutes, depending on how strong you prefer your tea.

Photo by Claire Waggoner

Once the simple syrup has rested, pour it into the brewed tea. Place your warm peach iced tea into the refrigerator until cool.

#SpoonTip: Use a strainer to filter out the larger peach chunks in the simple syrup if you prefer a smoother drink. 

Photo by Claire Waggoner

Serve your delicious peach iced tea over ice and toss in a few extra peach slices for good measure.

Photo by Claire Waggoner