Gluten free? Paleo?  Don’t want to eat a burrito that’s 1000 calories?  Fluffy and soft, but durable enough to hold a hefty amount of filling, cauliflower tortillas are a low-carb swap that are worth experimenting with.

Medium

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes

Servings: 6

3/4 cauliflower head (2 cups riced)
2 eggs
Salt, pepper, and other spices to taste (I added cilantro)

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.

2. Cut and toss 3/4 head of cauliflower into a food processor or blender and pulse until it gets a rice-like texture.

Cauliflower Tortillas

3. Place the two cups of riced cauliflower (packed) into a microwavable bowl and put in the microwave for two minutes. Stir and repeat for another two minutes.

4. Using a clean dish towel or paper towel, squeeze out as much excess water as possible.  Be careful not to burn yourself.

Cauliflower Tortillas

5. Placed drained cauliflower back into the bowl along with two eggs, salt, pepper and other preferred spices.

6. Mix ingredients in the bowl with a whisk until well combined and shape the mixture into 6 small, flat circles on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.

cauliflower tortilla

Photo by Maris Altieri

7. Place the tortillas in the oven for 10 minutes, carefully peel them off the parchment paper, flip them and place them back in the oven for 7 more minutes.

8. Once they are done, place them on a wire rack to cool slightly.

9. Heat a frying pan over medium heat and place the tortillas into the pan pressing down slightly to brown them to your liking (this gives the tortillas an excellent nutty flavor).

cauliflower tortilla

Photo by Maris Altieri

Switch flour to cauliflower tortillas in some of these tasty recipes: