There is a reality TV show for everything, including a show about a family with 19 children. I come from a family with only two children and I was intrigued by the chaos this family goes through every single day. Naturally, I decided I wanted to feel like a Duggar. Since skirts past my knees aren’t my thing—I found eating like them to be a good alternative. In one of the episodes the Duggars make their favorite piping hot tater tot casserole. This recipe is quick, cheap and easy. I found the recipe on the Duggar blog and cut it down into thirds, because I am not feeding a platoon. Let’s pretend we’re on the TLC show 19 Kids and Counting and eat like they do. If Michelle Duggar can have 19 kids…you can make this tater tot casserole.
Time Prep: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
1 lb ground beef
1-2 lbs bag tater tots
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can cream of chicken
1 can evaporated milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Brown ground beef in a skillet and drain excess fat.
2. Place all meat in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
3. Place frozen tater tots on top of meat.
4. Mix together evaporated milk, cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup. Pour on top of the tots and meat.
5. Bake for 1 hour, let cool for 10 minutes and serve.