Pillsbury biscuit dough is one of those comforting ingredients I always impulsively buy at the grocery store. But then I get home and don't know quite what to do with it. Plain old biscuits can be boring and I love to cook things from scratch, so the dough just sits in my refrigerator. 

Luckily, there are a ton of recipes out there to combine those delicious biscuits out of a can with other ingredients. That way, you get the satisfaction of creating something from scratch, but don't have to deal with the difficult process and sketchy results of homemade biscuit dough

Here are 18 things to make with biscuit dough that will turn that Pillsbury biscuit dough into unrecognizable sweet and savory masterpieces for every occasion.

Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit Bombs

pastry, sweet, bread, dough, cake, dairy product, knish
Hayden Carder

These just take your classic BEC bagel and make it totally portable and meal-preppable by stuffing it in a Pillsbury biscuit. I love how well the buttery biscuit goes with the salty bacon and cheese. 

Monkey Bread

chicken, sweet, bread, cookie
Justin Shannin

My family is lucky enough to have wonderful neighbors that bring us over a fresh-baked monkey bread every Christmas morning. If you want the same experience with none of the hassle of baking it from scratch yourself, try this recipe

Teriyaki Chicken Buns

dumpling, meat, parsley, ravioli, pork, vegetable, dough
Maxwell Faucher

Takeout can get expensive and calorie-heavy really quickly. Skip the long wait and empty wallet by making these steamed buns using Pillsbury biscuit dough for a southern twist on the Chinese classic. 

Homemade Donuts

chocolate, candy, sweet, doughnut, pastry, cookie, cake, cinnamon, beignets
Kelly McAdam

As much as warm Krispy Kreme donuts are literally the food of the gods, I never feel like driving to get them early in the morning. Skip the car ride and eat these homemade donuts in your pajamas (or birthday suit) any time you want.

Blueberry Pancake Pull-Apart Bread

bread, pastry, sweet, meat, dough
Clarisse Callahan

This fruity pull-apart bread is a perfect recipe to make when you’re having friends spend the night or need to bring a dish to a brunch potluck. It’s super easy, but no one will ever guess you made it with premade biscuit dough. 

Apple Fritter Pull-Apart Bread

chicken, bacon, pie
Rachel Davis

If blueberries aren’t really your thing, try this recipe for an apple pull-apart bread. I love that the flavors in this one are so fall-inspired. It’s perfect to make when you get tired of pumpkin-flavored everything. 

2-Ingredient Nutella-Stuffed Waffles

chocolate, cream, syrup, pastry, sweet, cake, waffle
May Sullivan

Talk about simple. This recipe combines two ingredients that you can literally take straight out of the can. The result is a decadent breakfast, or that’s what I keep telling myself. Try topping or filling with sliced strawberries or banana for a tiny bit of health. 

BEC McBiscuit

I love a fast food breakfast sandwich as much as the next person, but what I don’t like is how gross it leaves my stomach feeling for the rest of the day.

When you make your own using Pillsbury biscuit dough it’s cheaper, healthier, and just as easy as stopping at the drive-thru on the way to work. 

PB&J Skillet Monkey Bread

Elevate your classic PB&J to epic proportions when you use pre-made Pillsbury dough to make a decadent monkey bread. It’s perfect for holidays, or just celebrating the small wins like getting out of bed on a Monday. 

Loaded Mashed Potato Bomb

bread, dough, potato, pastry, bread rolls
Kylie McCool

It’s game day, and you don’t know what to make. All you know is that you’re a terrible cook. Enter this recipe. Everyone will be raving about it, so there’s no need to tell them how easy it was to make. 

Garlic Bread

pastry, dough, sweet, bread, jam, butter
Rachel Davis

For me, garlic bread has always been a treat I only get when my family orders Italian takeout. With the help of this recipe, even the most amateur of cooks can make garlic bread that rivals the best Italian restaurant in town. 

Pizza Muffins

pizza, tomato, sauce, pepperoni
Marissa Arnett

Keeping with the order-out Italian theme, these pizza muffins are like single-serving deep dish pizzas. You can even plan on making these at a party and allow your guests to choose their own toppings for a fun meal. 

Chicken Pot Pie

There’s nothing that says comfort more to me than some kind of meat pie with a flaky crust. I love how putting the biscuit dough on top of all of the chicken pot pie insides perfectly portions it out for you.

Edible Spoons

on

Although you need the special iron to make these spoons, it’s well worth the investment. Try using remade biscuit dough for the perfect soup-eating utensil. 

Pizza Pockets

bread, sweet, meat
Dylan Barth

This recipe is perfect to make for a party when everyone just needs easy finger food to munch on while socializing. It’s everything you love about pizza with none of the mess because the ingredients are wrapped up in dough. 

Garlic and Herb Cheese Bombs

bread, vegetable, pastry, potato, bread rolls, meat
Amber Chen

Surprise your guests when you make this recipe for an appetizer or side. They’ll never see the gooey cheese coming, but they’ll be begging you for this better-than-the-restaurant recipe

Oreo Pull-Apart Bread

bread, sweet, chocolate, pastry
Emma Lally

We’re taking a twist to the sickeningly sweet side with this recipe. It’s like the Pillsbury biscuit dough was made for dessert when you combine it with Oreos to make the cookies and cream pull-apart bread of your dreams. 

Biscuit, Strawberry, and Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich

sweet, cream, strawberry, cake, pastry, chocolate, candy, jam, dairy product
Phoebe Melnick

This recipe uses biscuits instead of cookies for a homemade ice cream sandwich. To me, it tastes like a delicious twist on the strawberry shortcake that my grandma used to assemble for me out of store-bought angel food cake and fresh strawberries. 

It's about time you popped open that can of Pillsbury biscuits now that you know all the things to make with biscuit dough. Just don't scare yourself into dropping them on the floor, like I always do. That's what the five-second rule is for, right?