Summer is just around the corner, if not already here for some of us. Long days in the hot sun call for meals to keep you going throughout the day. Whether you're a sweet or savory breakfast kind of person or love to switch things up, refer to this list for the ultimate compilation of summer breakfast ideas to keep your body fueled and your tastebuds satisfied.

1. Cloud Egg

egg
Nicole Cohen

Fluffy, crisp egg white surrounding a gooey, runny yolk makes for a protein-packed breakfast. That paired with a carton of eggs being no more than $4.00 a dozen (if you're fancy), leads to this clould egg recipe being a cheap and easy breakfast.

2. Breakfast Burrito

chocolate
Olivia Clifton

Nothing is easier than throwing a bunch of breakfast ingredients in a pan, adding a spicy Mexican twist, and then wrapping it all up in a tortilla. With salsa as the main condiment, this breakfast burrito is sure to give you a spicy kick before you head out the door.

3. Caffeinated Overnight Oats

chocolate, dairy product, sweet, cream
Peaches Memishian

Overnight oats are the summertime spin on the classic hot oatmeal. Try these oats with their added coffee kick to get your caffeine fix with your breakfast.

4. Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding

coffee
Kristine Mahan

This chia seed pudding is from the Queen Karlie Kloss herself, and it is perfection. Healthy, filling, and tasty all in one breakfast? Sign me up.

5. Banana Blender Muffins

sweet, cereal, oatmeal, granola, oat, muesli, wheat, corn, nut
Katherine Baker

I make a batch of these banana muffins ahead of time and then have breakfast for a week. There's truly nothing easier than dumping a bunch of ingredients into a blender and baking it. 

6. Shakshuka Avocado

meat, cream, vegetable, parsley, bread, soup
Rebecca Simonov

An innovative twist on the typical egg baked in an avocado, this shakshuka avocado will leave you full and satisfied all day long. The best part is that it's all baked in the toaster oven, making it quick and fast.

7. Quiche Muffins

vegetable, cheese, omelet, sauce, spinach, egg
Caitlyn Heter

An American twist on a Parisian staple, these quiche muffins are packed with protein and veggies, and of course a delectable serving of cheese. These are the ultimate summer breakfast idea for those busy mornings.

8. Brown Sugar Baked Grapefruit

jam, pizza, cake, pastry, sweet

With grapefruit in season all summer long, this baked grapefruit is the ideal breakfast to make using local produce. Just sprinkle some brown sugar on top to bring out the naturally sweet hues of a grapefruit.

9. Açaí Bowl

mousse, cream, cake, chocolate
Kristine Mahan

In my opinion, açaí bowls get the hype they deserve. With this superfood smoothie bowl, I guarantee you will be feeling full all day. Sprinkle chia seeds on top for an extra protein boost.

10. Matcha Pancakes

Weichen Yan

Something about matcha just screams summertime. Pair these matcha pancakes with an ice cold matcha tea, and you will have yourself an ideal summer breakfast.

11. Strawberry Chia Jam Toast

bread, jam
Nathalie Kent

Summertime is for strawberries. Get some at your local farmers' market and make homemade jam with the help of our little magic makers, chia seeds. Smear this chia jam on whole wheat toast and if you're feeling adventurous, swirl with ricotta. 

12. Banana Mango Toast

tart, crust
Grace Goettman

Someone dared to put banana on toast instead of avocado, and it actually worked. Fruit is like the food anthem of summer, right? Add mango and coconut on top for a tropical twist.

13. Caffeinated Granola Bars

candy, sweet, chocolate
Andrew Bertalli

I didn't think caffeine-laden granola bars existed either. If you couldn't tell yet, I have a thing for coffee. Any breakfast with an extra kick is a breakfast for me.

14. Turkey Apple Sausage Patties

bacon, sausage, egg, scrambled
Claire Waggoner

These easy, three-ingredient turkey sausage patties are the ideal combo of sweet and savory. Serve with eggs and toast, and you have a hearty summer breakfast.

15. Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit Bombs

knish, dairy product, cake, dough, bread, sweet, pastry
Hayden Carder

I gasped when I read the name too. Imagine what it's like when you eat them. These biscuit bombs come in clutch for those hungover summer mornings where all you need is some grease and some bread. Cook these up quick to help your hangover and your bank account.

So there you have it. These recipes have you covered for the summer, whether you are in a time crunch, or taking it easy on a Sunday morning. Breakfast truly is the most important meal of the day, and this list of summer breakfast ideas has got you covered