As a fellow vegetarian and nacho lover, I have mastered vegetarian nachos. I’ve ordered countless plates of nachos from all over the East coast and took my favorite aspects of each to create this dish. My two biggest secrets to this dish are — drum roll please… homemade chips and the corn and chili salsa. Making the chips is super easy and you can buy the salsa from your local grocery store.

Instead of getting into an argument trying to convince someone that nachos can be ah-mazing without meat, try making these sweet, spicy nachos, and see for yourself how tasty they truly are.

Veggie Loaded Nachos

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:15 minutes
  • Total Time:15 minutes

• 12 Corn Tortillas
  • 1 Medium Tomato
  • 1 Small Jalapeno
  • 1/4 cup white onion
  • 1/2 cup corn & chili salsa
  • 1 bag of Mexican Cheddar Jack Cheese
  • 4 tablespoon sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon cilantro
  • 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
  • 6 oz black beans

Preheat the oven to 400ºF.

Stack the 12 tortillas and cut them into fourths like a pizza.

Lay them out evenly on nonstick pans and lightly salt them.

Place the trays into the oven for 8 minutes. They should be golden brown and lightly crisped, don’t worry if they are not too crispy yet because they will be going back in the oven.

While your chips are cooking, dice up your tomato, onion and jalapeno into small bite sized pieces.

Once the chips are done, put them all onto one tray and throw all those chopped veggies on top.

Add the black beans and the corn and chili salsa and then cover it all with cheese.

Place these almost complete nachos back into the oven for about 7 minutes or until the cheese is melted to perfection.

If you have nice chopping skills now is the time to use them. While the nachos are in the oven chop up the cilantro as much as you can.

Take the nachos out of the oven and throw a few dollops of sour cream right on top and sprinkle the cilantro all over. If you like them spicy, now is the time to add the hot sauce as well.