Lamb is by far my favourite protein. I use it in my dishes as often as I use more popular meats such as chicken, beef, and pork. I was shocked to hear that a surprising amount of my friends had never tried lamb and immediately whipped them up some of my lamb orecchiette.  In case other people have had the same issue or are simply curious about lamb, I rounded up some of the best lamb recipes to try. 

1. Baked Spaghetti With Lamb

chocolate
Jennifer Nigro

If you're a beginner when it comes to lamb, this recipe is the way to go. It has all the comfort of normal spaghetti with the added deliciousness of the lamb. 

2. Lamb Tacos

Beef tacos get boring pretty fast. Changing up the protein is a great way to bring a variety to your diet. Besides, in my opinion, lamb tacos are way tastier than ones with beef. 

3. Irish Lamb Stew

Looking for something a little heartier? Try out this Irish lamb stew. It's perfect during the cold seasons and makes you feel right at home no matter where you are. 

4. Lamb Sausage in Puff Pastry

Lamb isn't just for entrées! Lamb sausage in puff pastry is a recipe from Ina Garten herself and is perfect for parties or appetizers. 

5. Greek Lamb Burgers

My family comes from Greece, but I was born and raised in America, so this Greek Lamb Burger is the perfect combination of the two. Try it out and enter a whole new world of burgers. 

6. Shepard's Pie

I've met a lot of people who make Shepard's Pie with beef, but according to the definition, it's made with lamb. If you don't believe the definition, this recipe is from Alton Brown. He knows his food. 

7. Lamb Chili

Chili is so versatile and can be made so many different ways. Beef chili is great, but mixing up your protein for lamb chili brings a new spin on a classic. 

8. Lazy Lasagna with Lamb Ragu

This lazy lasagna with lamb ragu is both easy to make and will please any pasta lovers out there. 

9. Lamb and Potatoes

lamb
Nikki Naiman

Most people who have tried lamb have tried a meal similar to this lamb and potatoes dish. It's a classic and definitely worth trying. 

10. Lebanese Stuffed Grape Leaves

Stuffed grape leaves are a favourite in my family and are very popular in the Mediterranean. It may sound and look a little strange at first, but the taste makes up for everything. 

11. Harira

Harira is a dish that Moroccans often eat to break their fasts during Ramadan. The spices are amazing and it's one of the most scrumptious dishes I've ever tried. 

12. Lamb Orecchiette

This is my favourite lamb recipe and perhaps the one I make most often. Lamb Orecchiette is simple but elegant and the perfect way to impress anyone coming over for dinner. 

Lamb is a healthy and humane meat that is often a staple of Medditerean diets, which are believed to be incredibly healthy. Incorporating some lamb into your diet will make your food more diverse, tastier, and better for you in the long run.