Pineapple is an awesome fruit that we all love to snack on in the summertime, even though it stings our lips sometimes. Especially as a kid, I would always ask my mom to buy the Dole cans of pineapple chunks and then just drink up the juice after. Hey, you've got to get your pineapple fix somehow, even without an easy pineapple recipe. 

Anyway, in honor of this upcoming season of fun, sun, and fresh fruits, here are 11 easy pineapple recipes loaded with the tangy treat to inspire your summer cooking ventures.

1. Pineapple, Blackberry, and Pistachio Smoothie Bowl

Want to amp up your morning breakfast routine with a dash of fruit, nuts, and almond milk all at once? Try taking this easy colorful smoothie bowl recipe for a spin.

2. Pineapple and Ginger Smoothie

Or if you'd rather not use a spoon, try this easy pineapple recipe for a breakfast smoothie. It's a perfect combination of spice from the ginger and sweetness from the frozen pineapple.

3. Mango Pineapple Salsa

This mango pineapple salsa would fit right into a poolside hangout with your pals placed alongside a hefty bowl of chips or a freshly-cooked protein like salmon. Either way, the more salsa, the merrier.

4. Sesame Ginger Chicken with Pineapple, Broccoli, and Cilantro

rice, meat, vegetable, pineapple
Shalayne Pulia

There are many different ways to eat sesame ginger chicken, but if you had the choice, would you really say no to eating your dinner OUT of a fruit? Um hello, no way. This easy pineapple recipe has you covered.

5. BBQ Pineapple Chicken Skewers

seafood, vegetable, barbecue, pork, kebab, chicken, meat
Cassandra Bauer

Skewers are always fun no matter what way you slice and dice the chicken, veggies, and fruit. But this easy pineapple recipe for BBQ chicken skewers has just the right mix of tangy and savory flavors to make you feel like you've been transported to a tropical island paradise for the night.

6. Grilled Chicken Pineapple Bowl

egg, salad, pineapple
Caroline Knight

Like the sesame ginger chicken above, this easy pineapple recipe for a grilled chicken bowl also allows the pineapple to shine while also providing a substantial meal. Boring dinners, be gone.

7. Piña Colada

We've all fantasized about being old enough to order a piña colada, right? Well, with this easy pineapple recipe, you can sip on this refreshing summer drink anytime you like.

8. Grilled Pineapple S'mores

butter, cream, sandwich
Sarah Silbiger

This play on s'mores is not something I would think would work right off the bat, but hey, summer is a time to expand your mind and try new things. Who says pineapple and marshmallows can't go together? It could become the new peanut butter and banana.

9. Vegan Hummingbird Cupcakes

cereal, cream, coconut, cake, milk, candy, sweet, rice
Ellie Haun

Chocolate and vanilla not cutting it anymore? Give these vegan, hummingbird cupcakes a try. Stuffed with fruits, nuts, and cinnamon, this easy pineapple recipe could become your new go-to recipe.

10. Pineapple Upside Down Cake

cake, sweet, pineapple
Aimee Moses

Pineapple in cake form and then flipped upside down? Sure, we've all had the famous dish from Roy's, but here's a chance to use an easy pineapple recipe to impress your friends at home.

11. Dole Whip

yogurt, sorbet, dairy, dairy product, ice, milk, sweet, cream
Kristine Mahan

The one, the only, Dole Whip from Disneyland is a magical dessert that makes us all rush to Adventureland the second we step foot inside the happiest place on Earth. But, if like me, you want to have the pineapple frozen yogurt treat without needing to buy a ticket, this easy pineapple recipe is for you.

Whether it's breakfast, lunch, or dinner, pineapple adds an extra dose of summer splash any time of day. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the fruits of your cooking labors as the taste of pineapple takes you away to a magical Hawaiian island – at least in your daydreams.