Paleo Diet is a new fad that is taking the world by storm.  In order to go on this diet, you have to give up grains, sugar, salt and processed foods (goodbye to those late night pizza runs). Instead, you can eat grass-fed meat, fish, fowl (chicken, turkey), eggs, fruits, and vegetables. You can also have natural oils (such as olive oil, avocado oil, and coconut oil) and nuts as well as sweet potato and yam. To make this diet more feasible I made a list of Paleo comfort food recipes for you to indulge in.

1. Paleo Banana muffins

candy, pastry, cake, sweet, chocolate
Kourtney Meldrum

When you are on the Paleo diet but really need a sweet treat you can bake these banana muffins. Not only will they satisfy your sugar craving but they are guilt free. 

2. Chocolate Chip Cookies

oatmeal, cookie, chocolate
Sheridan Rhee

Chocolate chip cookies are everyone's go-to comfort food and just because you are on the paleo diet doesn't mean you can't still indulge in them. With a few adjustments from the regular cookie, this Paleo comfort food is just as delicious as the real thing. 

3. Legume Free Chili

sauce, pepper, chili, meat, beef, vegetable
Haley Abram

If you are missing your dad's famous chili (even if it isn't the best), try this legume free chili instead. It is spicy, flavorful and obviously super healthy. 

4. Spaghetti Squash 

tomato, sauce, vegetable, spaghetti, pasta
Casey Carr

Since spaghetti is banned in the paleo diet spaghetti squash will have to do. This paleo comfort food recipe will make it feel like you are nearly eating a carb-filled bowl of pasta. 

5. Pumpkin Pancake 

french toast, cinnamon, apple, chocolate, toast
Hailey Ennis

Who knew pancakes could be made paleo? I didn't and to make matters even better these pancakes are pumpkin flavored. So, the next time you want a filling breakfast you can turn to these pumpkin pancakes and not be disappointed. 

6.  Shakshuka 

meat, cream, vegetable, parsley, bread, soup
Rebecca Simonov

Shakshuka is a Mediterranean breakfast comfort food and once you are hooked it will be yours too. It has an enriching taste, bold flavors and uses an array spices making it the perfect dish to start your Sunday with.

7. Ginger Glazed Donuts

sweet, pastry, cookie, bread, cake, chocolate, candy
Haley Abram

Who knew a diet could involve so many sugary goodies. These ginger glazed donuts are the ideal fall treat– they are easy to make and even easier to eat.

8. Cranberry Pumpkin Seed Bread

cake, cookie, chocolate
Emily Fluet

Cranberry Pumpkin Seed Bread is an all time favorite as it uses a bunch of dried fruits that give it so much flavor. The best part is it will satisfy your cranberry craving even when it is not Thanksgiving. 

9. Hemp Seed Ice-Cream

dessert, bilberry, berry, blueberry
Kristine Mahan

Hemp Seed Ice-Cream is probably the healthiest and greenest ice-cream you will ever taste. But hey, who are we to complain, it is still ice-cream that just happens to be packed with nutrient.

10. Cauliflower Hummus

pork, meat, vegetable, rice
Emma Lally

Giving up on hummus is pretty much impossible. So, you can substitute it with cauliflower hummus instead. This too is smooth, creamy and can be paired perfectly with a few carrot sticks and a bunch of celery. 

So, the next time you are on the verge of giving up on your diet cause you cannot eat your favorite comfort food. Hold on a little longer and try one of these Paleo comfort food recipes that will give you nearly the same satisfaction.