It's October, and the dining hall—once a source of seemingly inexhaustible varietyhas gotten old. The dorm kitchen is calling to you, but so are midterms. Here's a quick, healthy one-pan dish that you can make in no time for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. This veggie scramble is as delicious as it is nutritious and can easily be made with dining hall ingredients.

Sweet Potato, Black Bean, and Spinach Scramble

• 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 large sweet potato
  • 15 oz can black beans drained
  • 5 oz bag spinach
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tortillas optional
Emily Waples

Cut the sweet potato into bite-sized cubes. Place in a microwave-safe bowl with water and microwave 2 minutes or until tender. Drain.

sweet, dairy product
    Ashley Meuser

Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat, then add the sweet potatoes and black beans. Sauté until the sweet potato has browned.

vegetable, rice
    Ashley Meuser

Crack the eggs into the pan, scrambling with the sweet potatoes and black beans until the yolks are almost set. Add the spinach and sauté until wilted. Serve over a tortilla if desired.

sweet potato, sweet, spinach, potato
    Emily Waples

If you're looking for some recipes to use your leftover ingredients, try substituting sweet potatoes for squash in these black bean and squash tacos, or whip up cinnamon honey sweet potatoes for a healthier option to satisfy any dessert craving.