Coming from a community populated with Jewish people, the transition over to Tucson has been very difficult. Whenever I'm sick, I crave matzo ball soup. There are some days where I want a tuna panini or pita with hummus. I used to ask myself everyday, where can I get these types of foods typically offered at a Jewish deli? Look no further, I've found the answer and it's right here on campus. Oy Vey Cafe is located downstairs at the University of Arizona's Hillel Foundation. Here are five reasons why you're next lunch should be at Oy Vey Cafe.

1. Matzo Ball Soup

Holy balls this stuff hits the spot. Whether you're not feeling up to par or are craving a warm soup, matzo ball soup is the way to go. Unfortunately, Oy Vey Cafe only offers this soup on Fridays, and they run out very quickly. So, if you're in the mood for matzo ball soup make sure you get there before they sell out.

2. Famous Mac & Cheese

sauce, pasta, pesto
Betsy Kaplan

This bomb mac & cheese is only offered on Thursdays, but luckily they never run out. What makes this mac & cheese so special is that they allow a range of additional toppings. I like to add mushroom, pesto, and green chili. 

3. Tuna and Cheese Panini

chicken, cheese, sandwich
Betsy Kaplan

Who doesn't love a good panini? Better yet, a panini with tuna and cheese. While Oy Vey Cafe offers a range of paninis, this one is by far my favorite; it feels like home.

4. Warm Pita and Hummus

bread
Betsy Kaplan

What says Jewish food more than warm pita and hummus? Nothing. Oy Vey Cafe gives their customers just the right amount of hummus in proportion to the warm pita, making this a perfect mid-day snack.

5. Quesadillas

These kosher quesadillas are on point. To be honest with you, I think they're even better than the quesadillas at Chipotle. Oy Vey Cafe also adds spanish rice and salsa, creating the perfect Mexican combination in Jewish history. 

So, what are you waiting for? Head over to Oy Vey Cafe for a delicious meal, and don't forget to head over plenty early on Friday's to claim your bowl of matzo ball soup.