I don't find myself in TriBeCa that often, but when I do happen to go that far downtown, I am never disappointed. The area is filled with great places to eat and hang out, and I often ask myself why I don't journey down there more often. This summer, however, I decided to put an end to that. So, I checked out The Bennett.

I didn't go to The Bennett on a Friday or Saturday night, or even on a Monday night for their "Bulleit and a Burger." I went to New York City's "Most Romantic Bar" for Sunday brunch with my best friend.

The Bennett

beer, wine
Alexandra Jade Tringali

The Bennett is a Critic's Pick from The New York Magazine, appears on New York Times' "4 Manhattan Bars That Set the Mood for Romance, and has, of course, been called the Most Romantic Bar by Time Out. For a tiny spot in TriBeCa that's only been open for a little over a year, they have a pretty extensive résumé under their belts.

Before I talk about my brunch, I want to talk about what makes The Bennett so romantic and exclusive. To begin, there are call buttons at every table. This old school feature ensures that you and your date (or best friend) won't be approached by staff unless you really want to be. The tables are small, which promotes close seating and an intimate feeling of togetherness.

The decor of the tiny West Broadway bar is classic and old school New York, with touches of blues that put a modern spin on the atmosphere, to keep it light and not too serious. It's perfect for a first date, after-dinner cocktail, or just to catch up with old friends.

Now it's time for the important stuff; I have dedicated my foodstagram to it: brunch.

juice, wine
Alexandra Jade Tringali

The food at The Bennett is courtesy of Petit Abeille, another restaurant from The Yves Jadot Restaurant Group, and is within the same family as The Bennett. If you've been to Petit Abeille or are even familiar with their other bars, like Dear Irving, then you should already know that The Bennett is going to be killer.

To begin our whirlwind brunch, we had "Almost Mimosas" – fresh orange juice with apricot, Campari, and Prosecco – because how could any brunch not start off with mimosas?

The mimosas were followed by Ricotta Beignets, with superfine sugar and a beer jam drizzle. I take ricotta very seriously and these fluffy little beignets did it justice.

beignets, sauce, sweet
Alexandra Jade Tringali

For our actual brunch, I had Fraise waffles with fresh strawberries and Chantilly cream.

sweet, crepe, whipped cream, pastry, pancake, cake, strawberry, toast, syrup, cream, french toast
Alexandra Jade Tringali

My friend had Eggs Cocotte with bacon, roasted tomatoes, goat cheese & Gruyere, with a side of the most delicious home fries.

vegetable, meat, bread
Alexandra Jade Tringali

Each dish was filled with flavor. We couldn't even put our forks down until the plates were cleared! Fresh, well-prepared, and just straight up tasty — what more could you ask for in a Sunday morning brunch? The Bennett sets the perfect scene for brunching with your girls "Sex and the City" style, or setting the mood to extend that Saturday night fling into Sunday morning. NYC's most romantic spot never tasted so good.