The Grounds is located off of Joyce Blvd. and opened November 9. The coffee shop is connected to the back of Garden Living and has seating outside in the courtyard amongst beautiful greenery.

At The Grounds, you can satisfy both your green thumb and your coffee cravings. I got the chance to go on opening day and try two of their holiday drinks, and while I was there I spoke to the owner about her inspirations for making a coffee shop inside a gardening store. She is an interior designer and said that her goal was to create a space where people could come and hang out. The courtyard at Garden Living was not being utilized, and the perfect solution was to create a coffee shop that led into the courtyard and provided a spot for conversation and drinks.

grass
Suzanna Gibbs
tea
Suzanna Gibbs

The courtyard is filled with brightly colored seats and surrounded in fresh-smelling plants of all shapes and sizes. In the future, as the coffee shop's clientele expands, the owner wants to host live music and install a bar for outdoor fun and entertainment.

The indoor seating creates a cozy atmosphere with neutral earth tones that accentuate the aromas of roasted coffee beans. The bar stools are a great place to work on your computer where you can look out into the courtyard and get creative inspiration for your blog or upcoming writing assignment. If I ever need a break from the doldrums of my homework, I can take a break, and go shop for all of my home and garden essentials at the connected Garden Living, all while enjoying my coffee.

If your stomach is rumbling, their menu features a seasonal cake to add a little sustenance to your day. Additionally, the menu has options of a light breakfast and fun drinks other than coffee, but my favorite part is definitely the seasonal drinks. Pictured below is the Festive Sparkling Cider, which contains soda, apple cider, pomegranate, and rosemary. The fresh herbal taste of the rosemary and the spark of the apple cider is like drinking Christmas in a cup. 

Suzanna Gibbs
Suzanna Gibbs

The Grounds serves Onyx coffee (which I think is the best coffee in Northwest Arkansas) so you know it's good. The baristas are also great at coffee art. The heart made out of the foam from  my Maple-Cardamom Latte, coupled the beautiful greenery made for the perfect picture. The latte was smooth and sweet and the cardamom added a little spice. 

Suzanna Gibbs
Suzanna Gibbs

Whether your relatives are in town or you've got friends who are unaware, grab a buddy and and show them where locals sip their hot beverages in the winter. They won't be disappointed, and they'll have beautiful pictures to show from their trip to The Grounds.