Downtown St. Petersburg, FL is booming with local restaurants, shops, art and more. Add the Annex to your list if you're looking to explore downtown on Beach Drive. Unlike the many fine dining restaurants located on the strip, Annex is more of a casual stop where you can grab a quick bite to eat, check out their shop, and enjoy a fresh drink. 

Whether you're in the mood for a soft serve waffle cone or staying trendy with local craft beer, Annex serves everything making it too easy to please everyone who walks through the door. Depending on what your taste buds are in the mood for, Annex will fulfill your needs.

The Vibe

coffee, tea
Haley Haman

The Annex is vibrant inside and out. From a distance you can spot the yellow umbrellas that belong to the spunky shop. These brightly colored umbrellas and chairs truly make you feel like you're on a tropical vacation, but then you realize that St. Pete is just THAT darn cute and it's time to embrace it. The artwork that take over the walls will touch your inner artistic senses. Once you walk through the doors there are three options; eat, drink or shop. 

The Food

Haley Haman

Annex has the longest menu I've ever seen for a cafe that is known for stopping in for a quick bite.

Breakfast all day is key. Annex serves egg sandwiches, waffles, bagels, oatmeal and more. Pair your breakfast food with Local Roasted Kahwa Coffee or pick one of the many organic teas to boost your health

Lunch/Dinner/Snack options are endless. Annex has food to munch on while shopping around Beach Drive, going across the street to have a picnic in Vinoy Park, or sitting down to people watch. 

For the meat lovers, I recommend the 'Mojo Pulled Pork Picnic Box' which contains sauteed onions, black beans, and white rice. It's a filling meal and can be carried around in their picnic boxes- made to travel without making a mess!

For the veggie lovers, my go-to is the 'Spinach Salad' which has strawberries, feta cheese, sunflower seeds, and light poppy seed dressing. The salads too, come in the picnic box and have the option to add a meat of your choosing.

There are also hot dogs and sandwiches making it a menu friendly place where there is something for even the pickiest of eaters.

The Drinks

coffee, soda, milk, beer, tea
Haley Haman

Milkshakes, smoothies, beers oh my!

I don't know about you but I can be semi bipolar when it comes to my drinking habits. One day I'm Miss Fitness, the next I drink everything but water. Annex makes life so much easier with their wine and beer list that you can purchase for dine in or to-go. They house local St. Pete craft beers like Florida Avenue Ale and 3 Daughters IPA. To say the least, we are college students just finding ourselves and confidently experimenting with our drink options.

The milkshakes at Annex are blended with their soft serve ice cream of your choice between chocolate, strawberry or vanilla topped with whipped cream and sprinkles upon request. Such a 'hits the spot' kind of treat for any time of the day!

dairy product, cappuccino, sweet, mocha, ice, milkshake, milk, chocolate, coffee, cream
Haley Haman

The Shop

Once you walk through the doors to Annex, your eyes dance around the shop. Annex has a souvenir for everyone from cups, shot glasses, games, clothes, candles and more. No one can go wrong with too many cups, especially with the pineapple logo, it'll be a spot you will always want to remember.

cream, milk, tea, coffee
Haley Haman

The shopping doesn't stop have to stop with the gifts. The walls are decorated with artwork from local artists that can be purchased, or just admired. 

pizza, ale, wine, coffee, tea, beer
Haley Haman

Adding to the many local restaurants and shops in Downtown St. Petersburg, Annex does a great job at standing out as a unique spot. Teamwork is the name of the game here in St. Pete, supporting locals left and right. Stop by the Annex to get your St. Pete fix all at once with a local craft beer, appreciate local art and take your meal across the street to enjoy at the park with other natives.