One of the best things about the summer is the height of the City Market in downtown Kansas City. If you’re following this article’s advice about why the farmer’s market is better than organic produce, surely you know that the City Market is the place to be. Recently, my dad and I went down to visit and after looking around at all the stands, we were presented with several options in the market for lunch, but Burrito Bros seemed the most appealing.

Burrito Bros

Photo by Hannah Bettis

Burrito Bros works like Chipotle, but with locally sourced ingredients (and no E. coli…). I’d have to agree with several Yelp reviewers that argue Burrito Bros is better than Chipotle. They function in a similar service line, letting you pick several options to add to your burrito/burrito bowl, quesadilla, or taco/taco salad. My dad got the burrito with chicken, rice, pico de gallo, and black beans, and I got the quesadilla with chicken and rice (boring, I know, but still delicious). The servings are definitely generous and full of flavor.

Burrito Bros

Photo by Hannah Bettis

Although it’s a small space, Burrito Bros boasts excellent quality for great prices. They steam the cheese within the tortilla before they add the rest of the meats, veggies, etc, which helps the whole meal stay together. Another added bonus: the tortillas are bigger than the size of your face. No meal is complete without chips, and Burrito Bros adds them in for free. Not to mention that their service is top-notch as well.

If you’re looking for a high-quality Mexican restaurant in the Kansas City area, then Burrito Bros is the place for you.