Some weeks call for a special night out with friends to take your mind off all the work to be done. Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or just want an excuse to get dressed up and go explore a new area, we could all go for eating something besides the schools' food. A few weeks ago, my friends and I did just this. We tried the restaurant Blend on the Water and were not disappointed. 

The Appetizers

chili, nachos, avocado, salsa, guacamole
Rosaria Rielly

To start the night, we decided to get an order of guacamole (who doesn't love fresh guac?) which was chunky, fresh, and filling—the way guac should be—and came complete with toasted tortilla chips. This was a favorite amongst us, living up to the reviews we read about the popular appetizer. 

We also got the mac and cheese to share between the seven of us. The dish was baked in a cute iron kettle pan and made with gooey cheese and bread crumbs on top. These appetizers were more than enough for us all to share and are even large enough to qualify as someone's full meal.

The Entree

For the main meal, all of the options looked so good. We were even more indecisive than usual when it comes to ordering food. After looking at the menu a million times, I decided to order the Pollo A La Plancha. The lemony cream sauce perfectly mashed with the crispy chicken and made for a delicious meal, I so happily devoured.

The Dessert

cream, chocolate
Rosaria Rielly

After our impeccable meal, there was an option to get a trio plate of desserts, to which we chose chocolate cakes for all. What better dessert to end a meal on than warm, ooey-gooey chocolate molten lava cakes with a graham cracker crumble, vanilla ice cream, and a raspberry purée drizzle?

Normally, I would have been able to eat a whole one by myself with no shame but my friends and I decided to share. The size of the cakes were on the small side but it ended up being the perfect amount for the seven of us, after enjoying such a full meal. 

The Dress Code

Rosaria Rielly

Aside from the amazing food and ambiance, there is a strict dress code in place to keep up with the restaurant's standards. Guests must dress up. Casual clothes, such as shorts and athletic attire, are not allowed. My friends and I had a great time getting dolled up in our summery dresses, rompers, and wedges. Isn't dressing up half the fun of going out anyway?

The Location

Did I mention that there is also a great view of the New York City skyline from the windows? The restaurant is located right on the waterfront, hence its name. 

This restaurant has an atmosphere that is classy and upscale, which is constituted within its menu prices. But don't let the prices throw you off—everything we tried was delicious, not to mention the great view while eating was worth it. Blend on the Water in Long Island City, New York is a perfect location for your next big night out with delicious food and a great experience.   

Blend on the Water Hours:     

Brunch: 11:00 am to 3:30 pm

Dinner: 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm

Reservations are highly recommended as this restaurant is high in demand, in comparison to its smaller dining room size. 

Located at:                                                                                     4540 Center Blvd

Long Island City,NY 11109

718-606-9851