Most students at UD find it easy to walk to Main St or any restaurant in town to get their cravings satisfied. But, let’s face it, being college students brings on many different stresses, forcing students to become tired, lazy and in need of a good meal. This is when most students turn to the wonderful delivery services offered in town.

But what most students in Newark do not know is that GrubHub delivers many of the delicious foods that restaurants do not deliver themselves. Check out the awesome options and order ’em without getting off your couch.

10. Subway (Located on East Main St)

delivery

Photo courtesy of dineoncampus.com

Most Subway locations don’t deliver at all. Well fear not, Blue Hens, because Subway delivers to students until midnight.

#SpoonTip: When calling, let them know that you have a coupon for a FREE regular 6″ sub, when you purchase another 6″ sub of equal or greater value and a 40-oz. drink.

9. Salad Works (Located on Main St)

delivery

Photo courtesy of whatshappeningtz.com

For those students who try and balance out their diet of vodka and natty light, UD students can order a salad, wrap, or sandwich until 7 pm from Salad Works.

#SpoonTip: Ask to join Salad Works Fresh Fan Club to earn points that will earn you a free meal.

8. California Tortilla (Located on Main St)

delivery

Photo courtesy of californiatortilla.com

California Tortilla, or Cal Tor as most UD students say, is still in the battle against Chipotle and El Diablo to be the number one fast casual Mexican restaurant on Main Street. Students seems to gravitate towards Cal Tor because of their amazing queso. Cal Tor also is one of the only Mexican places to deliver.

#SpoonTip: When calling for delivery, tell ’em you have a coupon for FREE chips and queso with a purchase of any entree and drink.

7. Indian Sizzler (Located on Main St)

delivery

Photo courtesy of foodnetwork.com

Did someone say Chicken Tikka Masala? Not only is Indian Sizzler one of the only Indian restaurants on campus, but also UD students find it the most authentic and delicious.

#SpoonTip: Ordering with a group of friends lowers your price. The portions are pretty hefty so one entree will feed multiple people — sharing is caring.

6. Matilda’s and Mad Macs (Located on S College Ave)

delivery

Photo courtesy of yellowbot.com

When you have a craving for carbs, carbs and some more carbs, this is the place to turn to. With almost 15 different ways to get mac and cheese, this restaurant has a mac for any tastes. How could anyone resist the Mad Mac Bites?

#SpoonTip: Mad Macs delivers till 1 am. So when you come home drunk and are craving some carb-filled goodness, you know who to call.

5. Santa Fe Mexican Grill (Located on E Main St)

delivery

via delawaretoday.com

This local hot spot is great with students, especially on the weekends. With huge portions and decent prices Santa Fe ranks highest with our Mexican Restaurants. With some of the best Guacamole paired with a Mexican Coke, Santa Fe is perfect for delivery on a late study night.

#SpoonTip: Unlike many other Mexican spots in town, Santa Fe serves breakfast. So on a Sunday morning when its time to hit the books for the upcoming exam week, get on GrubHub and have a delicious breakfast burrito.

4. Home Grown Cafe (Located on E Main St)

delivery

via coupz.com

Many UD students find themselves drawn to Home Grown because of their creative and healthy take on many different dishes. Those who order from Home Grown can choose from vegetarian, vegan, gluten free or almost anything a customer could possibly imagine. Give the All American Sandwich a try next time you order.

#SpoonTip : Home Grown is known for their diversity in foods, which is clear with their weekly changing specials. If you’re lucky they will have a small discount. Be sure to check out the specials before placing an order!

3. Pats Pizzeria (Located on S Main St)

delivery

via yelp.com

UD students do not necessarily go to Pats for pizza. Students go wild over the other items that Pats has to offer. From Mega Fries to wings and Stromboli, Pats Pizzeria is the ultimate hang over food for UD students. For those who choose to get Pats delivered and are not hung over, Pats is the best guilty pleasure food. Say goodbye to any hope of healthy eating.

#SpoonTip : Here’s a discount tip, when adding extra sauces to the order, don’t click the add sauce option but put in the notes you want a certain sauce with your meal. Also, check your dollars. Remember that sometimes ordering a meal with sides is more expensive than ordering the main dish then adding the sides.

2. No. 1 Chinese (Located in the Newark Shopping Center)

Sesame-Chicken-chinese-food-24147606-1600-1600

New No. 1 is Newark’s number one cheap Chinese food. With all of the best Americanized Chinese specialties, like egg rolls and orange chicken. And it doesn’t hurt you don’t have to leave your couch

#SpoonTip : When calling to order for delivery tell the employee that you have a FREE egg roll coupon! You will get this with a purchase of $10 or more. You can also get a FREE 2 liter soda with a purchase of $30 or more.

1. Papa John’s AND Dominos Pizza (Located on E Main St and Cleveland Ave.)

delivery

via papajohns.com

delivery

via dominos.com

UD students are constantly battling over which is pizza place is better, so this makes a tie for first place! Those who like Papa Johns rave over the cheese and dough. Those who rave over Dominos love how they have transformed their sauce and pizza over the last few years. These two delicious pizza places are cheap and always ready to deliver, even until late hours of the night. So, basically the perfect college food for any occasion. 

#SpoonTip : Student Special for Papa Johns, Large Cheese Pizza at $5.99. Dominos has medium one topping pizzas PLUS a choice of Cinnastix, or breadsticks for $10.99 or a large one topping pizza for $7.99.

So next time you are not feeling changing out of those sweat pants to go eat, check out these top picks from GrubHub.