If you’ve never been to Denver, you are seriously missing out. And there is no better time to go now. With more than 350 days of sunshine (that’s basically the whole year), an abundance of breweries, and most importantly, Ben and Lauren from The Bachelor, who wouldn’t want to visit the Mile High City?
And let’s not forget Colorado was also one of the first states to legalize marijuana. So if you’re feeling hungry from the munchies, or you’re just hungry in general, try one of these eight spots to satisfy your tummy.
If you’re like me and brunch is practically an everyday ordeal, then you MUST try Snooze: an AM Eatery. Snooze was opened about ten years ago by two brothers who wanted to enhance breakfast eating, and boy oh boy, did they achieve just that.
With its friendly and unique atmosphere, Snooze is unlike any brunch place you’ve ever dined at before, but the real treat is the food. Sweet, savory, heavy, or light, no matter what you order on the menu, you will not be disappointed.
- Snooze Spuds Deluxe – hash browns, melted cheese and bacon plus whatever toppings you want.
- Bella! Bella! Benny – eggs benny but with a twist: prosciutto, taleggio cheese and ciabatta.
- Sweet Potato Pancakes – dank, fluffy, sweet potato goodness.
- Quinoa Porridge – for the health nuts.
If you think you can only get a good cheesesteak in Philly, you thought wrong. Located slightly outside of downtown, this hole-in-the-wall restaurant is not easy to find, but once you’ve found it, you’ve hit the jackpot.
The menu here at Ted’s is pretty straightforward, you can basically get cheesesteaks and fries. But this is what you came for. Plus, while you wait for your bomb ass cheesesteak, you can play a game of Sorry which the restaurant has built into each and every table.
- Pepper and Mushroom Cheesesteak- a classic you won’t regret.
- Fries- make sure to sprinkle on some parm for a delish twist.
Imagine you’re walking down a cute little cobblestone street in the countryside of France and you decide to stop at this cute little cafe. Crepes n Crepes is an American version of that, but in Denver.
You walk in and you are immediately greeted by tables covered in flowered tablecloths, bright yellow walls, and the best smell in the world, coffee, and crepes. The best thing about Crepes n Crepes is it has both sweet and savory crepes and over ten kinds of each. Instead of studying aboard in France, just have your parents send you here. It’ll be a lot cheaper than actually leaving the country.
- Saumon Fume Avec Sauce Au Citron – smoked salmon with lemon sauce. Zayummmm.
- Poulet Au Gratin – chicken and mushrooms and cream sauce. Yes, please.
- Fraises Avec Nutella Ou Sauce Au Chocolat, AKA Strawberries and Nutella – UM, NUTELLA.
- Crepe Suzette – lemon, caramel, butter and sugar. And everything is better with butter.
4. Sushi Den
Now you may think that a land-locked state like Colorado doesn’t have good fish, yet alone sushi, but you are WRONG again. In fact, this premier sushi place has been considered to be one of the best sushi restaurants in the United States. You go Sushi Den.
With its fresh fish and hundreds of other signature dishes, there is something for everyone. So grab your parents (because it is a bit on the pricey side) and hustle down to the best sushi you ever did try, in Colorado at least.
- Kobe Beef Kushiyaki – will blow your mind.
- Sriracha-Garlic Shrimp – cause sriracha makes everything taste good, right?
- Sushi Dinner – literally a plate with every kind of sushi you could ever want.
When a lot of people think of Denver, and Colorado in general, the go-to meal is green chile. And with good reason, the green chile is superb at most places. But what is even better than green chile? TACOS, DUH.
Pinche Tacos, also known as Tacos Tequila Whiskey, actually started out as a food truck but became so popular that they ditched the wheels for two little restaurants. And when I say little, I mean little, so you better cross your fingers you’ll get a table at this hot spot.
- Asada- carne a suhhhh dude.
- Pollo a la Crema- yummy, creamy and chickennnnny.
- Pescado- pineapple guacamole!!! OLE!
- Churros- because CHURROS.
Located in the heart of Cherry Creek, a neighborhood in Denver, the Cherry Cricket is a local hotspot that is always poppin’. And what do you get at the Cherry Cricket? Why a burger of course. The burgers are rumored to be some of the best in Denver, and that rumor is 100 percent true.
It is also rumored that Denver is the place to go if you want to try some darn good green chili, and the Cherry Cricket is serving up one of the best chili recipes around. So if you make it to the Cherry Cricket, don’t eat all day and then order both the chili and a burger, and you will not be disappointed.
- Cricket burger (does not contain actual crickets, don’t worry) Burger goodness that will melt in your mouth.
- Green chile- Chile that will make you feel like you’re south of the border.
- Fried Mac n Cheese Bites- who doesn’t like something fried?!
If you feel like being hip, trendy and cool, you gotta check out Linger. Brunch, lunch, dinner, they’ve got it all. But what makes Linger especially cool? They have cuisines from all over the world, including dishes with an Asian twist, European flavors and even plates from Africa and the Middle East. If you’re super lucky, you might even get to sit on the rooftop deck that overlooks the beautiful Denver skyline.
- Devils on horseback – bacon, dates, goat cheese and sambal gastrique.
- Vietnamese Crepe – not your average crepe.
- Sesame BBQ tacos – because tacos are always a good choice.
Euclid Hall is full of history and stories, but most importantly, it’s full of delicious foods and drinks. The food that you eat at Euclid Hall is hands down some of the prettiest food you ever lay your eyes on, you food Instagrammers will have a field day with how picturesque this food can be. They even have a section of the menu dedicated to different types of mustard, now that’s pretty freakin’ fancy.
- Chicken and Waffles – made with schnitzel, whaaa?
- Cheddar Hopworst – because obviously cheese and sausage are a delicious combo.
- Duck Poutine- fries with duck and gravy? yes please
So there’s your list of the best must-tries in the mile high that will not disappoint your stomach. You’re welcome.