When tourists come to L.A., their first thought might be, “Am I gonna run into [insert movie star here]?” Most of the time, that involves going to eat at places where one might expect to see them. Everyone needs food, even celebrities.

But stop hanging around The Ivy! True A-listers will hang out where you’d least expect to see them. Here are the hottest spots where you may just casually run into your celeb crush. (Just beware of the big sunglasses, floppy hats and wannabes. In the great city of Los Angeles, everyone tries to look famous.)

1. Perch

celebrity

Photo courtesy of Perch on yelp.com

High up on the 15th floor, I can tell you from personal experience that celebrities will definitely be perched here. I was in the middle of eating my pesto gnocchi when… in walks Colton Haynes. I nearly dropped my fork on the floor.

2. Alfred Coffee

celebrity

Photo courtesy of Rachel S. on yelp.com

Located in the heart of West Hollywood, Alfred Coffee has hands down the tastiest iced almond milk latte you will ever sip on. Definitely on my A-list. I’m not kidding when I tell you that last time I was at the West Hollywood location, Joe Jonas casually walked in to meet his DNCE band. If anyone is allowed to cut the line, he is.

3. LA Chapter

celebrity

Photo courtesy of Sandee T. on yelp.com

A downtown spot in the Ace Hotel, LA Chapter does brunch like a BOSS. I can vouch for the avocado toast and pancakes, and if that’s not enough, Jennifer Lawrence, Anna Kendrick, and Matt Damon have all been spotted there. Yup.

4. Gracias Madre

celebrity

Photo courtesy of Jerilyn M. on yelp.com

This Mexican restaurant in WEHO is vegan, so it’s basically any LA fit freak’s dream. Amanda Seyfried and Liam Hemsworth have been spotted leaving the restaurant, sadly not together. But if I couldn’t be with Liam, they would also make a cute couple.

5. Cafe Gratitude

celebrity

Photo courtesy of Carlene P. on yelp.com

For all you healthy eaters, this one’s for you. L.A. is all about the trendiest and bougiest health fads, so you can count on your favorite celeb to frequent this spot in order to maintain their top-notch physique.

6. Katsuya

celebrity

Photo courtesy of Andrea L. on yelp.com

Known for its spicy tuna with crispy rice, Katsuya is an L.A. favorite and a sushi staple. Word on the street is Justin Bieber dined at the L.A. Live location during GRAMMY week.

7. The Butcher’s Daughter

celebrity

Photo courtesy of Katie B. on yelp.com

Fresh on the block from NYC, this vegetarian eatery features the best avocado toast that you will ever have. Chances are your favorite movie stars would agree, so head on out to Abbott Kinney to see for yourself.

8. Shake Shack

celebrity

Photo courtesy of Iowa W. on yelp.com

SHAKE SHACK FINALLY MOVED OUT TO LA. Being an NYC girl, I’ve long awaited this event, and clearly, so have the L.A. stars. At the grand opening, Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Chrissy Teigen were all over those burgers and concretes. 

9. In-N-Out

celebrity

Photo courtesy of aht.seriouseats.com

If you aren’t from California, you don’t know what you’re missing. In-N-Out is the definition of Californian comfort food. When she didn’t win album of the year in 2015, a late night In-N-Out run was first on Taylor Swift’s agenda.

10. The Nice Guy

celebrity

Photo courtesy of lsarticle on yelp.com

This Italian restaurant is an upscale lounge in West Hollywood. This place is definitely happening, being that it is a much more casual night scene than the normal clubs in WeHo. Younger stars have been seen here, including Kylie and Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, and Taylor Swift. Members of One Direction have even been spotted there, so this is a place to set up camp if you’re a pop star fanatic.

11. Gjelina

celebrity

Photo Courtesy of Lea N. on yelp.com

On the super hip street of Abbot Kinney, Gjelina’s got everything from breakfast to dessert, but it’s the modern and delectable pizza that keeps the celebrities coming back. Jessica Simpson, Julia Roberts, and Natalie Portman have been spotted there. Imagine sharing a pizza pie with them!

12. Larchmont Bungalow

celebrity

Photo courtesy of Maleah M on yelp.com

One of the best brunch spots in the game, Larchmont Bungalow is known for its red velvet pancakes. You never know, your favorite red carpet star might just agree.

13. Nobu Malibu

celebrity

Photo courtesy of Jeremy S. on yelp.com

If Drake is “eating crab out in Malibu at Nobu” then you should too. ‘Nuff said.

14. Katana

celebrity

Photo courtesy of Valentina L. on yelp.com

If you haven’t heard of Katana, then give “We Just Came to Party” by Kid Ink a listen. This bougie Asian-fusion restaurant is known for its outdoor patio that overlooks Sunset and all of West Hollywood. Definitely a hot spot for rappers and pro-athletes alike.

15. Osteria Mozza

celebrity

Photo Courtesy of Anthony N.

Located on Melrose, Osteria Mozza is hands down one of the tastiest Italian restaurants that L.A. has to offer. Did I mention they have a mozzarella bar? May explain why Jay-Z and Beyonce were seen there just a few weeks ago.

Honorable Mention: 901 Bar & Grill

The “9-0,” or USC’s campus bar, is just a normal place for college kids to get rowdy. Until after a Chainsmokers concert at the Shrine Auditorium, when Justin Bieber randomly showed up and bought the entire bar shots. Fight On.

For your next trip to LA, be sure to take stop by these places. Make sure to keep your excitement to a minimum, or else celebs will have to find a new low key place to eat.