When the thrill of being in a city booming with champions (or maybe just one team of champions — but we can pretend) isn't enough to keep you awake, bring on the coffee. But not just your ordinary Starbucks coffee — I'm talking locally brewed, fancy-shmancy, no-drive-thru coffee.

1. Pour Cleveland

milk, mocha, espresso, cappuccino, coffee
Effie Henry

I'm unsure whether or not the name of this particular place is supposed to be pitiful ("poor Cleveland"), but let me tell ya — you won't be feelin' too poor while drinking one of their cappuccinos.

2. Erie Island Coffee Company

tea, coffee
Effie Henry

This is no mistake on the lake (and neither is Cleveland, but that discussion is for another time...). Whether you're rollin' through the drive-thru of their suburban location or kickin' it in the city, you simply cannot go wrong with one of their energy-boosting drinks.

3. Duck Rabbit Coffee

mocha, milk, espresso, cappuccino, coffee
Effie Henry

If you want to achieve new levels of hipster, hit up this little gem on Columbus Street. Take "little" very literally here — the shop is small enough for everyone in it to hear every word you say, but the coffee makes the weirdness all well worth it.

4. Pheonix

milk, tea, coffee
Effie Henry

Whether you want to chill in their Ohio City shop or warm up by the fire (that actually is just full of twinkle light... so just using hot drinks to warm up might be more reliable) in their East 9th location, you can't go wrong here. 

5. Rising Star

mocha, milk, cappuccino, espresso, coffee
Effie Henry

I have tasted few things better than their Promised Land Latte. Order one (or better yet, 10) of these bad boys and I promise you won't be disappointed.

6. City Roast Coffee

tea, pizza, beer, wine
Effie Henry

This is a must if you're strolling through the maze of food that is the West Side Market. So good even the trash can is smiling.

7. The Root Café

coffee, beer
Effie Henry

Are you a free spirit? A flower child? A nonconformist? If so, go to the Root and you just might find your best friends. If not, go the the Root WITH friends and ignore the others, while sippin' on some of the best coffee you can find.

8. Koffie Café

tea, mocha, espresso, cappuccino, milk, coffee
Effie Henry

Coffee, cute mugs, and a cozy aesthetic makes this café a prime spot to spend the day. In fact, when you hear about their Bailey's latte, you might even want to stick around until happy hour. 

So there you have — a list of where to get your second favorite type of beverage in your first favorite city. I'm now expecting you all to ignore the presence of Starbucks on every corner and explore these gems next time you're in Cleveland.