Calling all basic girls, this article is for you. There are so many ice cream shop options in NYC for finding the right treat to satisfy your sweet tooth, sometimes too many in fact. It can get too overwhelming to make a decision.

But there's no better feeling than crossing a place off your bucket list, and this list is full of ice cream shops worth a visit.

Whether you go to the city on a brutally hot summer afternoon or a freezing winter day, these 10 ice cream spots are delicious any season. And they're all places I have enjoyed because of their unique twists on one of the world's most classic desserts.

1. Morgenstern's Finest Ice Cream 

cream, ice, sweet, chocolate, milk, wafer, dairy product, relish, goody, sorbet
Mikaela Orenstein

This ice cream parlor has several tasty flavors. I highly recommend the green tea pistachio because where else can you find an ice cream flavor as unique as that?

My favorite part about this flavor is that it was so refreshing on a really hot NYC day and cooled me off immediately. If you're looking for a risky twist on a basic flavor, try the green tea pistachio. You will not regret it.

Location: 2 Rivington St, New York, NY 10002

2. Amorino

ice, cream, chocolate, cookie
Mikaela Orenstein

First off, let me start by describing the shape of the gelato. The scoopers let you choose as many flavors of gelato as you want, and then they turn them into rose petals. Additionally, you have the option of adding a macaron stuffed with (you guessed it) more ice cream to top off the beautiful creation that is rose-shaped gelato.

I had the classic vanilla macaron stuffed with vanilla ice cream, but just like the endless supply of gelato flavors, you have the same luxury for your macaron choices. Amorino will for sure help you up your Instagram game and get you all those likes you desire and improve your sophisticated ice cream flavor expertise.  

Location: 162 8th Avenue, 10011, New York

3. Magnum

chocolate, cream, cake, banana
Mikaela Orenstein

I hiked to this pop-up store on a 104 degree NYC day. It was absolutely brutal outside, until I walked into this insanely amazing shop. While the main idea of Magnum is to create your own ice cream pop, I can't help but focus on the endless topping choices.

The toppings ranged from your basics like cookie crumbles to ones you never could have even imagined, including rose petals and gold.

I know, these less common toppings sound a bit strange and out of your comfort zone (believe me, I felt the same way), but I promise you, not only will you get the perfect Insta, but you will also get your chocolate supply for the next year (or for the day if you love chocolate as much as I do). 

Location: 134 Prince St, New York, NY 10012

4. Snowdays Shaved Cream Co. 

ice, cream, chocolate
Mikaela Orenstein

While this isn't technically ice cream, this shaved ice shop is definitely worthy of a stop during a day in Greenwich Village and Yetti Tracks is for sure my recommended order.

The combination of the shaved ice—a blue-dyed vanilla—with Oreos and hot fudge will melt in your mouth. In addition, you can also add more toppings to this already sweet and tasty creation. If you're up to try something different, go to Snowdays for a less basic but still delicious treat. 

Location: 241 E 10th St, New York, NY 10003

5. Eggloo

cream, ice, chocolate, sprinkles
Mikaela Orenstein

I'm sure you've already seen several pics of Wowfulls all over your Insta feed. Eggloo is the same concept and way less over posted.

Yes, the ice cream itself is flawless, but even more so are the waffles it comes in. The waffles are made fresh for each order so they come straight from the oven by the time your ice cream is made. A warm waffle and cold, melting ice cream inside of it—with unlimited toppings—is a combination sure to make your day improve, instantly. 

Location: 60 Mulberry St New York, NY 10013 

6. 10Below

ice, cream, chocolate, milk, coffee, chocolate ice cream, caramel, sweet
Mikaela Orenstein

10Below offers a very unique spin on ice cream. If you feel like taking a stroll through Chinatown, definitely visit this place. At 10Below, you get to choose your flavor of ice cream and toppings to go on top.

The employees roll the ice cream right in front of you which is seriously like seeing magic happen up close. Top it off with a marshmallow toasted in front of you and chocolate syrup for a treat will for sure fill you up. 

Location: 132 Allen St, New York, NY 10013

7. Ice & Vice 

ice, cream
Mikaela Orenstein

This experimental ice cream shop has without a doubt some of the coolest cones I have ever been witness to. Their birthday cake cone in itself is enough to create an A+ Insta, but add the Milk Money to this, and it becomes an A++.

Seriously, it's one of my favorite NYC treats and is a must-have to cross off your bucket list. Whether it's a 97 degree day or 57 degree day, Ice & Vice is an all-season worthy stop.

Location: 221 E Broadway, New York, NY 10002

8. Emack and Bolio's

cream, ice, chocolate, wafer, waffle, goody, sweet
Mikaela Orenstein

On the topic of cones, Emack and Bolio's offers cones coated in toppings. They offer rainbow sprinkle, Oreo, and even Fruity Pebble-covered cones. It is impossible to go wrong with any of these choices because they're all so delicious and amazing in their own way.

My advice is to add one (or two) scoops of cookies and cream ice cream to any unbelievable cone you pick, and enjoy the perfect dessert you never knew you needed in your life.

Location: 389 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10024

9. Holey Cream

chocolate, ice, cream, cookie, dough, peanut, butter, brownie, peanut butter
Mikaela Orenstein

Let me start off by saying this place combines two of the country's most beloved foods: donuts and ice cream. Yes, you read that correctly, donut ice cream sandwiches do exist. 

You have the freedom to choose a vanilla or chocolate donut, vanilla or chocolate frosting, three toppings, and of course, the most important part, ice cream. 

Location: 796 9th Ave, New York, NY 10019

10. Coolhaus Truck

chocolate, peanut, ice, peanut butter
Mikaela Orenstein

This ice cream truck is no stereotype. They have endless cookie varieties and less typical but very enticing ice cream flavors to build your ice cream sandwich with.

While you may be tempted to stay in your comfort zone and go with your regular order, don't. Coolhaus Truck offers some of the coolest flavors you'll ever have the opportunity to try, and each one is just as heavenly as the next.

There are countless combinations to satisfy your sweet-and-salty cravings there, don't waste your time at less worthy locations. Visit Coolhaus.

Location: The Meadows Festival 

While there are a fair share of ice cream shops and vendors in NYC, these are my 10 favorite I've had the luxury of visiting. Each venue offers a very unique and equally delicious experience to fulfill your deepest ice cream desires.